Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're thinking that it may soon be time to give DD her first haircut (aside from Mama trimming her bangs every so often).

My hairstylist (whom I love and would trust cutting her hair) charges $17 (!!!) for a child's haircut. The rest of the stylists at the salon charge $14. I just about fell over.

Is this a typical price for this area? What are ya'll paying for your toddlers at a salon setting?

Thanks,

Kristen

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
I take Austin to SuperCuts. Maybe it's different because he's a boy, but I think they do a fine job. I don't know if girl's/longer hair is different at a discount place like that? But a child's cut there is 9 dollars. 17, heck, even 14dollars seems awfully steep to me. Do you have any friends who cut hair that you would trust?

And would your stylist consider doing dd's first haircut for free? In Norfolk, there was a salon that did a child's first haircut for free, took a picture (polaroid) and mounted it in a card with a lock of hair. Too cute!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.