Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:
"The conflict in Lebanon is part of a broader struggle between freedom and terror that is unfolding across the region," he said, adding that earlier U.S. policies of promoting stability at the expense of freedom played into the hands of radical Islamic groups and led directly to attacks on America, including the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks.
..."History shows otherwise," Bush said. "The freedom agenda did not create the terrorists or their ideology, but the freedom agenda will help defeat them both."

Quote:
Nevertheless, Bush warned of the war in Lebanon that "we can only imagine how much more dangerous this conflict would be if Iran had the nuclear weapons it seeks."

·
Registered
3,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can't believe I forgot the link:
http://www.canada.com/topics/news/wo...a-03d0deebefc2

From link:

Quote:
That perception is certain to increase with the publication of an article in this week's New Yorker magazine by journalist Seymour Hersch detailing how the Bush administration was intimately involved with Israel's plans to attack Hezbollah even before Hezbollah kidnapped two Israeli soldiers more than a month ago, and how the U.S. has drawn up plans to bomb Iran's nuclear facilities.

Bush's National Security Adviser Stephen Hadley Monday called the thrust of the article "flat wrong."

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
As Seymour Hersh said on Pacifica Radio recently, rationality doesn't come into it. Team Bush are warmongers, and Bush is talking about leaving behind a legacy like Churchill did.....a top level official in the know said the Hersh that before Bush leaves office he will take on Iran. It will be after the upcoming elections.

So probably around March 2007 or maybe march 2008.

The plan is of course nutty and amoral, and is motivated not by terrorism but oil and money as usual. If implemented it will very likely lead us to the brink of WW3 within a few years. Wars are always unpredictable. The 150,000 US soldiers in Iraq may get massacred; there is that possibility; of course they would massacre even more of the Iraqi pop. than they already have.

It is possible that the Pakistani govt. could get overthrown by Moslem fanatics in the ensueing chaos, and turn it's missiles on the US army. I mean who knows?

I just hate to think what would happen if the nuttos in the White House actually go ahead and use nuclear weapons on Iran. It would up the ante so much, and exponentially increase the chances of terrorists resorting to a nuclear dirty bomb attack on US or UK cities. Extremism breeds extremism.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.