Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you might know, we had an u/s scheduled for today. As I lost pg #2 due to cervical failure, it was a bit of a 'reassurance' u/s for me...since I really do believe everything's fine this time.

We got to see a beautiful spine and long arms and legs and perfectly formed fingers and toes and a beating little heart (at 157bpm). We even have a picture of a bit of thumb sucking.

And true to my intuition when I was just 4 weeks along, we are having a....

Girl!!

Obviously I'd be just as thrilled to have found out we were having a beautiful, healthy boy...but we're having a little girl to be adored by her 2 big brothers.

We've named her: Whingari Joy

Whingari is an aboriginal australian name meaning 'thoughtful' and is the name of a recent nobel peace prize recipient from Africa, Wingari Mathi

So, we're over-over-overjoyed here!

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Congratulations!!! and what a beautiful name!!!!

·
Registered
891 Posts
Alright!!! That is great news. I really, really love the name. What a cool namesake and meaning.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Congrats!! Beautiful name!

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
I'm just trollin' by. I saw this post on the main page and had a feeling it was Mary
I'm done trollin' by now.

Namaste, Tara

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
Congratulations on your wonderful u/s results, and your precious GIRL!!! Beautiful name, too. I have a deep respect for Wingari Mathi.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.