Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and i'm freaking out!!! we have two girls and this is our last (for a while at very least but could be perm.) so we were hoping for a boy (anyone remember my 'i feel like a sexist!' post??
). now i'm freaking. what if we do have a boy??? i caome from a family of girls and have held 2 baby boys in my life!! i watched my boy cousin as a kid and babysat my mom's friends newborn for like an hour once in which he slept the entire time. i have no idea what to do with a boy! no idea whatsoever. having girls was like second nature. i knew exactly what to do and expect. what if i screw my son up? we've decided not to circ. what if i don't take care of his penis properly? i know i'm being crazy insane but i am seriously thinking i'm going to mess my boy up because i just wouldn't know what to do with him!
mommas with both boys and girls- how much of a diffrence is there. and PLEASE be honest!!

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
The only difference that I found was how to wipe their butts. Seriously, my girls are very different from each other and their brother so in parenting each one I just take the situations as they arise. If you should be having a boy, you will be a great Mom to him as well.

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
My son and daughter are really different, but every kid is different so thats ok! The only physical thing about caring for a newborn boy vs girl is of course that a boy can pee on you, and I find them much harder to clean. The poop kind of gets into all the wrinkles on the scrotum (ew I hate that word LOL) and its hard to wipe it clean. Girls are much easier to clean IMO.

Thats about it really.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I think girls are much harder!!!
I have 3 girls and one boy. Another girl due in april.
I think girls are WAY to independant. I think the girls were hard to clean up after poopy messes.
My son was very laid back and my girls demand alot. I cant imagine having 4 teenage girls, with periods and PMS.
I do love my girls though. But found my boy to be much easier. He can entertain himself for hours, but my girls cant....

·
Registered
295 Posts
before I found out Im having our third baby girl I had the exact same reaction

I kinda wanted a boy and took a very firm stance on no circ , which you wouldnt believe the debates it started with everyone besides the daddy who isnt circ'd himself (which shut down most peoples arguments
)

I got almost panicked bout it...."how do I dress a boy?" "bathe him??" "take care of his little boy parts?" "be emotionally 'good' for a boy?"

then my stepfather said something kinda quirky that made me chill out
"every boy I know had a mother"
totally absurd and so obviously true, but I got the point...we mostly figure it out as mothers ..this also from the man that hates vegatables and states "everyone I ever knew who died ate vegatables, theres a correlation"
(yes he nuts)

think of it this way, this isnt your first so you have an idea what to expect and Im sure your daughters arent totally the same either

good luck

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Mine's tomorrow too and I'm freaking. Mostly about whether or not all the organs and parts are there and functioning, but also I'm nervous about finding out the gender (if it shows us, of course).

·
Registered
8,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks soooo much for your honest replies! i'm still nervous but starting to feel more at peace. either way, i know i'll be overjoyed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hanno View Post
Mine's tomorrow too and I'm freaking. Mostly about whether or not all the organs and parts are there and functioning,
well, of course there's that.
i *still* worry about that with my girls.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts