Mothering Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has Any One Ever Been Told By U/s They Were Haveing A Boy And Had A Girl? I Am Geting Ready To Have Our 5th Boy They Said But I Feel Like Its A Girl. I Will Love The Baby No Matter What It Is But I Cant Shak The Feeling They Were Wrong And Its A Girl.

·
Registered
273 Posts
When they make mistakes, it's usually the other way around, say it's a girl and it ends up a boy. Boy parts are far less mistakable. But I hope you have whatever you were meant to have. You know if it's a girl, you'll want to give her a sister also!
That's what we're hoping for with our little peanut. Our only daughter has 3 brothers and it's obvious in her behavior.

·
Premium Member
2,256 Posts
I've never heard of the mistake that way. But, at the same time, I am WAY supportive of mama's intuition!

I knew when I was about 4 weeks along this time that I was having a girl. Most people (including dh) smiled at me condescendingly when I said so too. I guess after 3 boy pregnancies nobody believed we could make girls. But, lo and behold, this wombling is unmistakenly a girl.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
Were you told, or did you actually see the u/s pics? It was super obvious that mine is a boy. I have no doubt that he is. I could very easily see scrotum and penis.

And how early was the u/s done? If it were 12-13 weeks, then yes, it could be wrong. If it were later (like 18+ weeks), and it was obviously a scrotum and penis, then it's probably correct that it's a boy.

My intuition was telling me that this one was a girl, but you know what? My intuition is just plain wrong.
I had a 50/50 chance of being right. I was right with boy #1 (we didn't find out prior to birth with him, but I just knew he was a boy from the start), but this one, I was wrong. Oh well. I'll enjoy my 2 boys! They make great farm hands.

The only person IRL that I know of who had the gender prediction wrong was told she was having a girl, and he came out a boy. I think that's the most common mistake made, although it *can* happen the other way.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Well when my ma was pregnant with me she opted not to know the sex. Unfortunately some idiot nurse totally ignored her requests and always referred to me as "he" after her 7 month u/s. Needless to say I am 100% female. So I would say go with your gut-intuition is far more powerful than any mad-made u/s machine.

·
Registered
666 Posts
It's very rare, but I have heard of it happening, but once again, very VERY rarely. Haha, I felt I was having a boy, but turns out baby was a girl (Which is sorta better cos I have 2 baby sisters so I know what to expect with girls... With boys it's a whole different ball game and a whole different unit downstairs...) I keep having dreams that she gets born a boy, I'm actually almost that paranoid that she may indeed pop out a boy that I've kept all the clothing and linnen receipts so I can take the girly ones back and exchange them....!

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
Last preg, I dreamt that my baby was a girl... a girl CAT, actually.
He turned out to be 100% boy... and HUMAN.

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
I had a friend who had a baby boy in June that was supposed to be a girl.

7 years ago I had a friend who was told on 2 different u/s she was having a boy. The day of her baby shower she had another u/s and found it was a girl! She didn't tell anyone about the u/s and just returned all the boy stuff that she could. Baby was def a girl at birth.

So yup, def can be wrong. Its not an exact science. I perfer not to find out the gender. I would rather get to know the baby's personality without the added baggage that gender rolls brings.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by boscopup
Last preg, I dreamt that my baby was a girl... a girl CAT, actually.
He turned out to be 100% boy... and HUMAN.

Funny you should say that, in two of my dreams so far baby (who was a boy both times) changed into a bird, well one time into a brown shaver chicken, and the other time into a NewZealand native wood pigeon. And I had a dream I gave birth to twin cats about a month ago... Funny the thing the subconcious does!!!

·
Registered
9,270 Posts
My mom was told I was a boy, and I'm totally not
That was back in 1983. I've heard of others being wrong more recently, so I'm sure it could happen.

Also, I felt 100% that my first baby was a boy. Let's just say I was shocked when dh yelled out "It's a girl!"

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by RainbowsMum
Funny you should say that, in two of my dreams so far baby (who was a boy both times) changed into a bird, well one time into a brown shaver chicken, and the other time into a NewZealand native wood pigeon. And I had a dream I gave birth to twin cats about a month ago... Funny the thing the subconcious does!!!

I take it you raise some of these birds?

It's funny... every dream I had with DS#1, the baby was a cat. I never, ever had a BABY dream. This time around, I didn't have any animal baby dreams, but I did actually dream that I had a human! So does that mean this time I'll really have a cat?
It was a boy in my dream, although the baby looked exactly like my friend's new daughter. Weird.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by boscopup
I take it you raise some of these birds?

Ha, yeah I used to do bird rescue with a lady a couple of years ago and so we raised a lot of baby birds there (including a few baby native wood pigeons, which were the sweetest things) and my mother has chickens and earlier this year I ended up raising one, although it was a black araucana, not a brown shaver - We thought it was a girl, so named her Bella, and she turned out to be a boy! - So I changed his name to Bello... But he was my baby too, he thought I was his mummy, followed me everywhere, even to the bathroom! He was great, sadly he got sick and died a few months ago

I did all the pre-washing of all babies things yesterday, but still couldn't quite bring myself to wash her girly clothes just incase she turns into a he and I have to take them back!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.