Mothering Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Convenient or creepy?

Uber is getting in the wellness business.

On Nov. 19, for one day only, the ride-hailing service will deliver flu shots via its new UberHealth. Users in 35 cities can order a car to deliver up to 10 shots to a single location for $10. Shots are administered by a registered nurse through Scottsdale, Ariz.-based Passport Health, a company that provides travel medications and immunizations across North America.

An UberHealth pilot program was launched last year in Boston, D.C. and New York to test the on-demand delivery of flu shots. It administered 2,000 shots, said Uber spokesman Leor Reef. Chicago is not on the list of cities to be served this year, but a handful of Midwest cities—Detroit; Columbus, Ohio; and Indianapolis—are
http://www.chicagobusiness.com/arti.../uber-needles-flu-vaccine-what-could-go-wrong

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And Uber seems to be in some desperate trouble . Lawsuits, banned in many countries, etc. I wouldn't put my health in the hands of such a shady operation, that's for darn sure.

In the U.S. alone, Uber has been involved in at least 173 U.S. lawsuits since October 2012, a review of Westlaw dockets shows, while rival Lyft has been involved in 66 and lodging service Airbnb has been a party to just 20.
http://www.businessinsider.com/r-legal-troubles-market-realities-threaten-ubers-global-push-2015-10

·
Registered
8,487 Posts
Of course, there's a much, much, much, much greater chance of losing lives to car accidents while delivering the shots than seeing healthy people die of a vaccine-targeted strain of the flu. But who am I to tinker with other peoples' heavily emotional ideas of risk assessment?

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
Originally Posted by SilverMoon010

It felt good to laugh reading this thread.

How about if you buy 3 candles at my party, you can even have the vaccine with w/thimerosal.
How about a tupperware party?

Or Mary Kay products?

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
Or if we really want the immune response to crash:

Statin party, supplemented with hits of sugar from ice cream and candy.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Get it right ladies. We are all just too "tired and lazy" to get our flu shot so it must be brought to our doorstep:grin:
(Note they say "tired and lazy" three times in the below short video lol!)

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Here's John Brownstein, the cofounder of UberHealth (the man in the above video too). Boy, he doesn't sound too good. I hope he's not contagious, especially considering he's talking about public health. Wonder if he recently got his flu vax courtesy of Uber :lol. Hope the interviewer doesn't shake hands with him after all that coughing!

http://thedoctorweighsin.com/john-brownstein-putting-public-back-public-health/

He's making "getting the flu shot cool" according to this interview.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Statin party, supplemented with hits of sugar from ice cream and candy.
Now Deborah I've told and told you...cholesterol will cause the virus to bloom and then the crap runs outta it cause that's what the study said. So if you take a statin you won't get the bloomin but the crap will stay in and it could make ya sicker. I'm literally laughing right out loud now
/He's making "getting the flu shot cool" according to this interview

Did he really say that it takes a lot of inertia to go and get a flu shot? My sides are starting to cramp up

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Did he really say that it takes a lot of inertia to go and get a flu shot? My sides are starting to cramp up
Yes he did. We're all apparently a bunch of lazy arses and we need the flu vaccine brought to our tired, lazy arses, because we're all just too darn lazy and tired to get off our tired lazy arses to get the vaccine! Lol!

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I think the plan is to get us all used to someone coming into our homes to get our seasonal shots.

Not my idea of a house call.
I agree. We've seen it before. Slowly introduce a concept to warm everyone up to it, implement it slowly but surely, and eventually it becomes to be accepted and the norm, and we all become knee deep in the crap.

·
Registered
534 Posts
well if you have a serious enough case of inertia, you might not haul your lazy arse up to answer the door. I wonder if they will bring lock picks (would probably charge extra though)?

Seriously, I think you might be right applejuice.

Did you hear what he said about tracking illness? I wanted to tell one of my sick kids not to text anyone that he has a sore throat. I was afraid "the car," might show up.

Or the SUV (you've got to see this)
http://www.geekwire.com/2013/santa-uber-doubledown/

1 - 20 of 27 Posts