Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

I'm planning on having a midwife attended homebirth, but circumstances have come about that if I intended to have a breech baby vaginally (Planned, as in knowing the baby is breech ahead of time.) that I will be transported hundreds of kilometers from my home and family because my midwife cannot legally "do" home breech births and breech births must be done by an OB. (My baby is not breech and I know lots of ways to turn the baby if he ended up being so, but I'm just sorting this out "just in case") The OB's however "won't do" vaginal breech births at my hospital, and in fact the only hospital that will "allow" me to attempt a vaginal delivery is far away.

I do not want to be transferred unless everything works out "my way" as far as my family coming and whatnot. This will only be an option if I know the baby is breech ahead of time

If I find that the baby is breech during labor I will refuse to be transported, and am left with two choices: Either UC at home (5 mins from hospital if worst came to worst.) or deal with the nasty attitudes and fight my hospital and insist on a vaginal delivery with a Dr. that doesn't feel comfortable with it.

So, I'm looking into UC LOL

I'm reading so many of the wonderful sites listed on this board and am very happy with UC on the whole (I do like my midwife though, and want her there just in case if I have a vertex birth.) but I'm wondering if anyone knows of any specific sites etc. that address breech births. My midwife cannot legally be present for a breech birth, so I'd be on my own which I am willing to do and my partner is willing to do as well if worst came to worst.

Anything would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
2,986 Posts
Welcome!

There are some good vaginal breech birth stories on the web! Just google it and I'm sure you will find them. There are also some unassisted ones too.....I remember reading them but I do not have the links.

I dealt with the issue of unassisted breech during my entire last pregnancy. My baby was breech throughout all of my pregnancy and so I was preparing for a breech birth. As it turned out, my baby turned head down several hours before I went into labor!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.