Mothering Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
We were thinking about using it, but when DH called, the woman on the phone seemed vague and not super helpful. Maybe we caught them on an off day. I would love to know more about them though.
If you try it, keep me posted

·
Registered
2 Posts
there is however something a little fishy

The woman that answers phone is very sketchy as noted below

Also , they do openly support palestinian cause on their websites and the delivery people are arabic so it's possible something fishy going on here

·
Registered
1 Posts
So let me get this straight. Because Udder Milk Co-Op openly supports the occupied people of Palestine and have people of Arab decent deliver the food, there is something fishy??!! Before seeking to cleanse your stomach and system of polluted foods, you should discard all the pollution and negativity that occupies your mind. This from a fellow Palestinian-American. Thank you very much.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Udder Milk can feel a little black-market-ish, but considering the sale of raw milk in NJ is illegal, they have to be. Their delivery trucks are non-descript white vans that look like they've seen better days and their delivery guys don't wear uniforms from what I could tell. They are cash-only.

When I used them, I followed the instructions on their website and simply left a cooler with ice or a cold pack on the porch by my front door. Inside the cooler I taped a Ziploc bag in which had a note reading "Udder Milk" with exact cash for that week's delivery (the bag was to keep the money dry if it fell into the melting ice). I'd have the cooler out even if I did plan to be home all day so I didn't have the risk the delivery man waking my sleeping toddler. This system worked smoothly for me and my deliveries were always cold and tasty.

That said, they do have communication issues. I was suppose to receive credit for a cracked egg that was clearly the fault of the way the delivery man layered items into the cooler, but never did. I was able to use the egg, so I didn't make a huge issue out of it. But it's something to be aware of.

I stopped using them because we simply don't consume enough dairy to use 1/2 gallon milk + cream before it turns in a week.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have been using them for the past one year and am an extremely satisfied customer. Product consistency(e.g. size of eggs/cream content in milk) varies seasonally and depending on what farm they source it from but the eggs,milk and meat have always been delicious and fresh.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.