Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I'm blaffled. I'm visiting my parents in Texas back home I put a sposie on my DD more than oh 30 mintues she gets super rashy we use cloth 99.999% at home so I brought my prefolds covers and tinytush fitted for night plus a bag of charlies powdered detergent and my family all agreed to switch while we are here. DD by day 5 had horrid rashes I strippped exrtra rinsed cleaned out the machine everything bad bad rashes. One day we went someplace and I decided to use sposies for various reasons we used pampers cruisers the rash disappeared. went back to cloth it reappeared. went away with sposies. I gave up yesterday my father bought me a big 100 pack of the cruisers from sams club and I'm going to use them the rest of our visit. I hate it but I hat e her being in pain more. Maybe she can't use powdered deterent we use liquid at home could it make that much diffrence.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Maybe her rash is yeast?

Do you normally use liquid detergent? Maybe the powder builds up more? Maybe your parents washer had tons of build up that went into the diapers? I sure hope she clears up fast so she can be back in cloth soon!

·
Registered
9,295 Posts
could it be the water in their area? it might be harder/softer than your house.

Don't feel to bad about the sposies, whatever helps her little rash until you get home is best.

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
I would say it's defintely the soap or the water

Is it a red rash, no bumps, but the skin looks sort of "stretched", smooth, or shiny?

If so, it is from enzymes in the detergent. You just need to use a detergent without enzymes. Some kids are super sensitive to enzymes.

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by bobandjess99
I would say it's defintely the soap or the water

Is it a red rash, no bumps, but the skin looks sort of "stretched", smooth, or shiny?

If so, it is from enzymes in the detergent. You just need to use a detergent without enzymes. Some kids are super sensitive to enzymes.
YEp my DD is super duper enzyme sensitive We use Charlies soap. I uusally use the liquid because I suspected a while back shes sensitive to washing soda and I think I may be right. (liquid has far less). SInce I was traveling I got the powdered thinking it woukld be easier and I could hust "do an exr\tra rinse" I cleaned my parents washer so its not build up the rash had large welt looking spots and very red thet cleared right away with sposies. we ussually have the opposite problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts