Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,

has anyone tried out the UGG baby booties? They are so cute, but i want to know if they'll stay on. i've only bought robeez for my babies and am a bit worried that these will fall off too easily. My DD is 1 yr. old so they have to stay put well. Any input would be great.
thanks

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
My goodness, they have UGGs for babies? How cool. I'm sure I can't afford them! But they sound awesome for babies in a cold climate.

I wore the heck out of mine! (Too poor to buy more plus we don't need toasty feet here in SoCal.)

·
Registered
696 Posts
They're super-cute but I wouldn't use them for a walker cause the soles aren't skid-proof.
We returned ours & got the Robeez booties instead.

...Actually I imagine they would be okay for carpet. My floors are all wood so they didn't work for us

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
as long as its cold UGGs are very in the now for me!

Thanks for the input. I was also wondering about the walkability issue. I guess we'll go with the Robeez.

oh yeah, the UGGs are $40, only $4 more than the Robeez booties. And I think they're way cuter!

·
Premium Member
2,605 Posts
we got E some fake pink Uggs from Target for under $10. They would be perfect if they fit her fat "cankles".....
we ended up w/ robeez booties

nak

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
We just got dd some Weebok boots from Babies R Us. They are leopard print with fur inside and around the ankles, w/two little fur pom poms on them...too cute!! I also like that they zip up since baby feet don't really bend to fit in a boot.

They were only $13 and very warm!

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
HI Lisa!

I was right-- Meilana is the best dressed baby in SC!! LOL

Ok, off to check the babysrus and target sites.

Those knit "UGGs" are really cute! If she wasn't walking they'd be great (and way cheaper!).

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
When are shoes like this necessary? Nora is almost 6 months and doesn't wear shoes. If she did it would just be for show, and my DH is completely against spending $30 for baby shoes even if she were walking...he doesn't spend that on his own shoes!
(Neither do I, by the way.) That said, a friend gave us a pair of Robeez and they're soooo cute. But do they have a purpose besides looking cute? If the child is not walking, that is?

Sorry if this is hijacking the thread. I just wondered.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Robeez and other soft soled shoes are better for babies developing feet than hard soled shoes. They allow the feet to retain they're natural forn rather than being molded by the shoe. Its also easier for some babies to walk in the soft soled shoes. I never put shoes on my girls until they started crawling. Just to protect their feet incase they crawled on a rough surface or whatever. And the robeez are made in a way that it is close to impossible for babies to take them off or kick them off etc. I think its pretty crazy to spend so much on baby shoes but since she can't loose them and they are so well made she only really needs one pair. I know my older dd lost one of almost every pair of shoes I got her except her robeez. They might actually be cheaper in the long run!

And theres always the benefit of being totally adorable!

·
Premium Member
2,605 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nora'sMama
That said, a friend gave us a pair of Robeez and they're soooo cute. But do they have a purpose besides looking cute? If the child is not walking, that is?

they keep their socks on!

·
Registered
2,307 Posts

Hey Deirdre! I didn't even realize it was you...hehe...mommy brain! Yes, she is quite the pint sized fashion plate...
Feel free to pm me whenever!

Back on topic...I think the boots are great for warmth. I don't want to stuff her into one of those baby coats, so with some warm pants and a knit sweater the boots are actualy functional, not just fashionable!

Of course, when we get below zero here in NJ, I may just cave and bundle her up like a marshmallow...

·
Registered
719 Posts
I have just started putting shoes on dd's little feet, she is almost 7 months old. Now that she is starting to get a little mobile, not crawling yet but playing around on the floor with toys, etc, it seemed like time to protect her little feet. I got a pair of Robeez and love them, hopefully the one pair will last until she grows into the next size. Plus they keep her feet a little warmer than just socks.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Lisa,

About those buntings... I think they're kinda ugly too. but lands end, hanna anderson, and patagonia all make really cute ones that can be had on ebay for relatively cheap.

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
A friend of mine got her baby some Ugg booties last year and she said he always kicked them off (he was less than a year old). I don't know if her kid is a baby shoe Houdini or if they just don't stay on very well.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oregonicmama
Lisa,

About those buntings... I think they're kinda ugly too. but lands end, hanna anderson, and patagonia all make really cute ones that can be had on ebay for relatively cheap.
Ok...I'll check it out. I never figured out how the carseat is supposed to work with one of those! I would think it would be a pain to have to unzip her to strap her in? I guess I have to find one with seperate legs. In the meantime we have one of those snuggly warm blankets that straps in the carseat with the fake shearling fur inside. That way we don't have to put her in a heavy coat yet.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Lisa,

the bunting i had by patagonia for Aurora coulde be zipped as a bag or with legs so you could just change it up for the carseat. very convenient.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.