Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I won an auction for a RB shell set off Ebay a couple weeks back. I didn't really get a chance to scrutinize it right away,but it looked really nice, barely used. The snap in was really fluffy hemp fleece, etc.

Anyhow, them my Grandma died suddenly, and I left town for a couple days to attend the funeral. When I returned, I was looking over my purchase, and noticed three tiny holes in the cover. Now, they are not anywhere near stress points, so my best guess is that they are moth holes.

What I am wondering is, are these repairable? What would you do?

I am thinking of contacting the seller, letting her know the problem, and asking her to reimburse me for the cost of repairing them. I am guessing it was an honest mistake, but who is to know?

·
Registered
283 Posts
I think it really depends on how the auction was stated on eBay. If it is a used cover that was sold as is, then you likely won't get $$. If it was sold in the condition of no holes then he/she may help you out.

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
Is it possible they happened while you were gone? I've had them happen overnight when I left a cover in the laundry room drying. I'm not sure how I would handle that one.

Sorry about your grandma.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.