Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As if being pregnant isnt enough to cope with, DD and I have a summer cold! She's a few days ahead of me and is feeling just well enough to want to be active but badly enough to be tantrum-prone. I feel pretty bad... body aches, a slight temp, sore throat, headache that Tylenol is not touching...
:

And of course, this on a day that I *had* to go to work because I am going to be away the next two weeks and needed to tie up loose ends. And DH is in crunch mode at work so he is useless. Then, I went to pick up my son at camp, only to remember that they were going to be on a longer field trip today and so he wasnt there yet. Which means that I will probably have to go out again, even though all I really want to do is crawl into bed, because I dont quite trust DH to actually leave early like he promised. He is, of course, not answering his cell phone either.
:

I swear, tomorrow I am NOT getting out of bed at all, even if I feel better.
:

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
I'm sorry you're feeling yucky. Take lots of Vitamin C (I think up to 4,000 iu per day is safe), try ginger/garlic broth, and lots of fluids. Echinaecia is also safe while pregnant. And rest! I hope you feel better tomorrow!

·
Registered
489 Posts
Oh I feel you so much!! I have some kind of GI thing going on down below! I have spent the greater part of my day in the bathroom! The midwife said that if I don't stop going or I still can't eat tomorrow I might have to get an IV for some fluids...

Here is to hoping both of our dh's let us rest tomorrow!!!!
:

·
Registered
824 Posts
Ugh that is so hard! Do stay in bed tomorrow, you deserve the break, and really need the rest. Take care of yourself, and I hope you feel better soon.

·
Banned
1,548 Posts
I hope you feel better soon. And just to cheer you up:

It's peanut butter jelly time, peanut butter jelly time, peanut butter jelly time

Where he at Where he at Where he at Where he at
There he go
There he go
There he go
There he go
Peanut butter jelly Peanut butter jelly Peanut butter jelly Peanut butter jelly
Do the peanut butter jelly, peanut butter jelly,
Peanut butter jelly with a baseball bat
Do the peanut butter jelly, peanut butter jelly,
Peanut butter jelly with a baseball bat

Now, break it down and freeze

Now tic tac toe (uh-huh)
Tic tac toe (let's go)
Tic tac toe (you got it)
Tic tac toe (let's ride)

Now, freestyle, freestyle, freestyle, freestyle, freestyle, your style
Now, freestyle, freestyle, freestyle, freestyle, freestyle, your style

Where he at Where he at Where he at Where he at
There he go
There he go
There he go
There he go

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everybody. It was a long weekend, and while I'm still not totally over it I am feeling human again. I did pretty much spend all day in bed on Saturday, despite DH going to work for a few hours (for which he was rewarded with a hormonal hissy fit when he returned
) and that helped a lot. My fever didnt break until last night. Nasty!

The kids and I are getting on an airplane tomorrow to head to my parents' so hopefully I will feel even better and DS who hasnt had it yet will be in the clear!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts