Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't posted in awhile, but I just have to ask if I am the only mama with annoying insomnia? It started in the middle of my first trimester, and now, for the past four weeks or so, I wake up at around 2:30 or 3 and CAN NOT get back to sleep!! I just lie in bed and am all antsy, can't sit still. Anyone else?

·
Registered
359 Posts
You are not the only one. I have had problems sleeping since the middle of the second tri.

Some nights I sleep quite okay, but others are hellish. I honestly cannot imagine that I will sleep LESS when this baby is born.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
i think i slept for a total of an hour and a half last night. i'm usually a night person, but now i just don't get tired until around 3. i went to try to go to bed around 1 last night and tossed and turned till 2:30. my entire body was itchy and i couldn't get comfortable, since it hurts when i roll around. tried sleeping in the rocking chair but it wasn't working out. i moved to the couch and finally dosed off around 4 till my guy woke me up at 4:45 to see why i wasn't in bed. damn him...

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
yes it's been bothering me for at least a month. it's very hard to fall asleep, and once I do, if I am woken again it's nearly impossible to go back. even though I'm really pretty tired! oh well. early training I guess...

·
Registered
5,218 Posts
I haven't slept through the night since I became pregnant (not helped by the fact that I have to pee constantly -- and have been like that since the beginning!). I'll go weeks where I can fall back asleep no problem, and then all of a sudden, I can't sleep, and toss and turn for hours. It has been getting worse these last few weeks as I get BIGGER AND BIGGER, and my discomfort grows. DH gave me a hug this morning and said "I wonder if babies don't sleep through the night because their mamas can't while they're pregnant". Probably not true, but his sympathy was appreciated.

It's the most frustrating thing, though. Also, sometimes I feel wide awake but then fall asleep easily. Other times, I feel sleepy, but will lay in bed for hours. My body is confusing me!

All I know is two more weeks of work, and then I'm HOME, and can nap every day. Can't wait ...

Shana
EDD 7/29/05

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
Me too - not antsy, just wake up and cant go back to sleep. Last night it was from 3:15 to 4:30. It sucks because I feel so wiped out at work the next day.

I just lay there trying to go back to sleep but nothing! It happened like this at the end w/ my first pregnancy too. But at that time I wasnt working so I would get up and read or whatever because I knew I could take a nap the next day - this time I cant!

·
Registered
392 Posts
yep, last night it was only from 12:30-2:30 or 3am, but I'm still working (only today and Friday to go YAY) it'll be easier when I can nap next week during day...although this weekend I was pooped and couldn't nap, just rested but couldn't fall asleep argh.

but on Sunday night/Monday morning, I think I slept 9.5 hours (with many pee interruptions of course.) it's weird.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts