Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am 38 weeks today and for the past week, my neck has been hurting me and causing a dull headache. it is only on my right side of my neck that it hurts to move in extreme positions. so frustrating to think that i might have this when i deliver. i can't imagine having a neck and head ache while in labor and pushing. my blood pressure is normal (120/70), urine is fine, no blurred vision, no swelling of hands or face. just so random.<br>
what's worse is that my hubby is a chiropractor and no matter what he does, my neck doesn't want to get better. i have iced, heated, massaged, changed pillows, you name it. tylenol works, but i am not used to taking any medicine ever, so it is bothering me to resort to this.<br>
i just wish i knew what was causing this! it would make me feel better to know it was ok and that there is nothing wrong with me.<br>
thanks for reading my rant. if my two younger ones would cooperate, i could get some rest and sleep it off (i have not been sleeping much). oh, i should probably drink more water (i hardly drink much), but i know that cannot be causing the neck soreness.<br><br>
hope everyone else's pregnancies are going well!

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Can you get to someone who does pregnancy massage, or to a chiropractor? I had to go to a chiro right around week 38 - I forget exactly why, but I remember being in a lot of discomfort. She fixed me right up!<br><br>
I also remember how many problems literally disappeared once I went into labor. The cold I'd had for a month? Gone. Hip pain? Gone. Maybe this, too, will disappear for you at just the right time!

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Have you tried accupuncture/accupressure? Maybe your hubby knows someone who does? Hope it lets up soon and that you have an easy delivery!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts