Mothering Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am so, so, so done! This pregnancy is just awful. I have never been sicker in my life, between morning sickness for the first 20 weeks, then gastroparesis, which feels like a slow death, SPD, swelling, and now a fricking hemorrhoid! No way! I've never had them before but I felt something weird in the shower, grabbed the mirror to look at it (don't recommend that, I'm traumatized now), and THEN I got to look up pictures of people's bum holes online to compare. Nice. It seems to be just the beginning of one, but it's the straw that broke the camels back. I'm done. I'm due July 19, but I'm counting down until the 1st, then I'm EPOing, sex every day, spicy foods, whatever it takes. My babies have been born anywhere from 37-almost 40 weeks, I can't do the almost 40 this time.
I'm ready to hold this girl in my arms, get my tubes tied and NEVER do this again.

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Mama, I'm about there with you. :hug I can't imagine doing this again.

I'll tell you - with my last pregnancy, just barely over a week before I was due, my midwife gently stripped my membranes (really didn't hurt, just like an exam), I went home and forced DH to have sex with me, then I broke out the BoB. In the morning I woke to bloody show and lots of mucous, broke out the BoB again (and had the most intense orgasm ever!) and I really think those orgasms are what got things going. Sex is good, prostaglandins are good, but a uterine-rocking orgasm really shakes things up (and feels so good! :D)

I'll trade you my panic about another migraine and still feeling weird from it for your hemorrhoid. :D The stuff in my head is so much worse (I think) than an itchy ball sticking out of my ass (says the lady who never had one.)

Can you picture all of us sitting around a card table offering up our ailments? @BarefootBrooke, I'll raise you a pair of swollen ankles for my itchy hemorrhoid... @MrsKoehn, I'll raise you burning heartburn for my fluctuating blood pressure.

:rotflmao

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll trade you my panic about another migraine and still feeling weird from it for your hemorrhoid.
The stuff in my head is so much worse (I think) than an itchy ball sticking out of my ass (says the lady who never had one.)

Can you picture all of us sitting around a card table offering up our ailments? @BarefootBrooke, I'll raise you a pair of swollen ankles for my itchy hemorrhoid... @MrsKoehn, I'll raise you burning heartburn for my fluctuating blood pressure.

I'm afraid I already have panic attacks!! And the put me on reglan for the gp and that's a huge side effect. Just what I need! I already spent most of last week on the couch barely able to breathe because of my stomach. It feels like all my guys have just turned to stone. No digestion, I can't breathe, my heart pounds, too dizzy to walk, I even stop peeing when it gets bad. Four days last week just gone, I can't even remember them. Plus I'm severely anemic, which makes it worse.
I had a panic attack on Monday while James and I were out getting garden supplies. I barely made it home without collapsing, then I slept from about 2-7, up for an hour then back to bed until almost 9am. I absolutely hate being sick or bedridden, I feel like I'm going crazy. I know it sounds dramatic, but I really feel like I'm dying, like my systems are just stopping.

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
I'm afraid I already have panic attacks!! And the put me on reglan for the gp and that's a huge side effect. Just what I need! I already spent most of last week on the couch barely able to breathe because of my stomach. It feels like all my guys have just turned to stone. No digestion, I can't breathe, my heart pounds, too dizzy to walk, I even stop peeing when it gets bad. Four days last week just gone, I can't even remember them. Plus I'm severely anemic, which makes it worse.
I had a panic attack on Monday while James and I were out getting garden supplies. I barely made it home without collapsing, then I slept from about 2-7, up for an hour then back to bed until almost 9am. I absolutely hate being sick or bedridden, I feel like I'm going crazy. I know it sounds dramatic, but I really feel like I'm dying, like my systems are just stopping.
I feel the same way!! Reglan is what they gave me in the hospital on Saturday with Benadryl - I had no idea panic attacks were a side effect!! Just what I need... Ugh.

I can totally relate to how you're feeling. :hug I was wondering today if the peak increase in blood volume that occurs between 28-30 weeks is part of my issue (and maybe yours?) That could explain the dizziness and heart stuff....(I've had both...) And maybe even some of the fluctuating BP stuff for me...

I absolutely can relate to feeling like your body is failing. This is the point from which I had to grab myself by the shoulders and shake and say "You are HEALTHY! This was a fluke! Everything will be FINE!"

I did some more reading earlier and I'm wondering if the Brewer's Diet is a good idea? I haven't read *anything* about it yet, but it sounds like a healthy diet for pregnancy, especially when things aren't feeling as healthy as they "should" be.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Reglan has some scary side effects. I try to only take it at my very worst.

I tried to get up and get some stuff done this morning but I'm crashing. It starts with not being able to breathe and all goes downhill from there. Ugh.

One more day down!

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Does it help to switch to counting down the days rather than the weeks? I thought yesterday how I can maybe start at 63 days now and count down (give or take, of course.) I don't know, it might actually make it seem longer....

I'd really like to enjoy this pregnancy a little bit as it'll surely be my last.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It does me! And like I said, I'm counting down to July 1, when I'm going to start being proactive!

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
It does me! And like I said, I'm counting down to July 1, when I'm going to start being proactive!
I'd be setting myself up for disappointment if I shaved off almost 3 weeks of my countdown! That's about how much I'm shaving off as far as staying close to home, but I'm still fully accepting that this baby could come closer to July 21 rather than early-mid July. :)

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
DDC Crashing to say that I'll keep you mamas in my prayers..

Pregnancy challenges/complications can be so challenging!

Blessings to you for some rest and a bit of relief..and a prompt arrival of your LO's!

Reactions: drarmywife

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you :)

·
Registered
583 Posts
I am so, so, so done! This pregnancy is just awful. I have never been sicker in my life, between morning sickness for the first 20 weeks, then gastroparesis, which feels like a slow death, SPD, swelling, and now a fricking hemorrhoid! No way! I've never had them before but I felt something weird in the shower, grabbed the mirror to look at it (don't recommend that, I'm traumatized now), and THEN I got to look up pictures of people's bum holes online to compare. Nice. It seems to be just the beginning of one, but it's the straw that broke the camels back. I'm done. I'm due July 19, but I'm counting down until the 1st, then I'm EPOing, sex every day, spicy foods, whatever it takes. My babies have been born anywhere from 37-almost 40 weeks, I can't do the almost 40 this time.
I'm ready to hold this girl in my arms, get my tubes tied and NEVER do this again.
Oh man, I am SO sorry to hear this, darlin. It sounds miserable. If you have any interest in taking about what you are taking or doing for any of these things to see if those on here could provide some alternatives or help with all of this, please do. That and don't stop telling us about it. That's what we are here for.

Love to you!

·
Registered
695 Posts
I count down to 3 weeks before through one week afTer. So right now being 34 weeks I say I have 3 to 7 weeks to go. It helps to keep it vague and have a moving target instead of a set date in mind. Dh and I keep saying we cannot wait to have our little girl, and also to never go through this again. We really struggled with miscarriages so we're completely grateful and also completely over it lol. Before ds was born I went to my 40 week appt a few days before the due date and was not effaced, dilated, engaged, anything. The dr scheduled my induction but when pressed said she really thinks sex and rich or spicy food actually help get things going. So we went to an Indian buffet and then got in bed for the afternoon and I was in labor the next morning when I woke up.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I really think sex gets things going for me. I mean, already, if we do it I'm bedridden with painful ctx every 2-3 all day. So as we get closer I'll be sure to jump his bones more often, even though I'm already so uncomfortable! Lol

For the gastroparesis my OB put me on reglan, which has killer side effects, but I take it when I absolutely have to. Otherwise I just try to eat almost only fruit or take prune juice if I feel like my guts have stopped. For me it doesn't feel like constipation, it's more like the food is in my actual stomach for hours and hours, then crazy heartburn, chest pains,back pains, zero appetite, my peeing almost stops and no sensation of needing to pooh at all. Oh, and I can't breathe when it all stops.

I'm just watching the hemorrhoid, make sure not to ever strain or to sit there too long. There's already a lot of pressure down there anyway from the baby, so I'm on and off quick.

The SPD, eh, what can you do? I sleep with a pillow between my legs, try not to open them too wide and just move slowly.

The anemia, not much. I can barely eat anyway, definitely can't get an iron pill down. Trying to take some molasses, eat watermelon, liver when my stomach can handle it.

Basically I'm just in survival mode. I do exactly what I have to to get through that moment. I'm trying really hard not to get ahead of myself counting down, but somedays that's all I can think about.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
@MPsSweetie - someone recommended Epsom salt baths with lavender essential oil to help with SPD and I do feel like it helps. I try to take a bath once a day. Also, I recently heard ice packs can help, but I haven't tried that one yet!

Re: sex to help induce labor. We tried that last time and I was just frustrated. I would get hours of consistent contractions that didn't go away with change in movement or drink. Then nothing. For days. So aggravating to me! Like it was reading me or something. I was 8 days past my edd with my last, so all the days past 40 weeks seemed like it could be real! And it wasn't and I was sad. I suppose those contractions could help make actual labor be faster though.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
A bath would be nice! I had been doing one every few days but I'm having a hard time laying in the bath. It's not really big enough to be on my side and if I'm too far on my bath I can't breathe and have acid squirting in my mouth. I may try again tonight, it sure would be nice.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I sit cross legged in the tub facing the side and rest my head on the edge, for what it's worth

1 - 20 of 22 Posts