Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how obvious is it that the cuff on one leg is one row longer than the other? i didn't realize it until it was all cast off. i don't know if i should take it out or just leave it alone. maybe it won't be as noticable when ds wears them.

*honestly* what should i do?

fishy shorts front

fishy shorts back

by the way this was my first attempt at embellishment. i think next time i'll try to read up on it before i start :LOL

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
I would say try them on your dc and see how noticable it is then. I had this happen with my first pair of longies - one leg was too long. I ended up undoing the cast off and pulling out the cuff and the extra rows above it and re-finishing it. If your shorts are too short on one side I suppose you could do the same thing except add in some more yarn as needed. It's a PITA, I know. So when you try them on your dc keep in mind the work involved to make them even and then decide if the difference is livable or not. :LOL HTH!

·
Registered
538 Posts
I can tell, but it may not be noticeable when they're being worn. If it bothers you, ripping out several rows and redoing them is worth the effort, because if you don't like them you won't use them, and that's just a waste.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
**update**

last night the perfectionist in me decided that today i would rip out one side and re-do. then i tried them on him this morning and i really don't think it is that obvious. i guess i'll just leave it unless it starts to bug me then i'll try to fix it. the crochet idea is a good thought, my friend can crochet. i'll talk to her about it.

here are some pics of my ds wearing them this morning:

trev wearing shorts (front view)

back view

thanks for the suggestions. now i need to figure out what to do with my next project. i bought a small skein of brightly varigated ($pricey$) yarn and i ran out just a little bit before i thought i would. maybe i'll start another post about that (ha ha)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Leah - I really wouldn't have noticed it unless I knew it was there in the pictures of him wearing the shorts.

But I'm with you on the perfectionist thing, ~I~ would drive myself insane noticing it and I would see it as a huge glaring thing, a flashing red light that could be seen from ten feet away... crazy!

stashalou

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
I don't think it looks noticeable at all once they're on him! I love them!

Another easy option might be stretching that shorter leg out just the tiniest bit whenever it is drying after being washed... :LOL

It is weird with knitted stuff... the same number of rows does not always look the same when worn. L has a pair of shorts that I swear are identical, but one leg looks shorter after she's been wearing it for a while. Who knows...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts