Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hollaaaaaah!
So I just remembered that I'm pregnant, and it's time to start the Kegel exercises.
http://kegel-exercises.com/kegels.html

I am going to try to keep up with doing these twice a day, for two minutes at a time. The link above suggests five minutes at a time, but I'm being honest about my ADD/laziness here.

Some people can do these "anywhere", but I find it really distracting to try to do them while driving in highway traffic. I prefer to be lying down.

Where does Saturday night come in? My last childbirth instructor suggested we get our partners involved in, uhh, privately grading our kegel strength! Go, mamas!

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by aramat View Post
Hollaaaaaah!
So I just remembered that I'm pregnant, and it's time to start the Kegel exercises.
http://kegel-exercises.com/kegels.html

I am going to try to keep up with doing these twice a day, for two minutes at a time. The link above suggests five minutes at a time, but I'm being honest about my ADD/laziness here.

Some people can do these "anywhere", but I find it really distracting to try to do them while driving in highway traffic. I prefer to be lying down.

Where does Saturday night come in? My last childbirth instructor suggested we get our partners involved in, uhh, privately grading our kegel strength! Go, mamas!

Thanks for the reminder, mama! It's never too early to kegel. With friends.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
*Bump!*

·
Registered
522 Posts
You are such a Kegel pusher!!!

Ok, ok, I'll do it.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Do you happen to know of any additional pelvic floor exercises to do during pregnancy? I keep meaning to research this, but somehow never remember to. I haven't had any problems, but I understand they get weaker with each pregnancy.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I used to do them all the time before I got pregnant, now I really don't want too. I guess if I start peeing on myself when I laugh that will be some motivation.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by basje View Post
I guess if I start peeing on myself when I laugh that will be some motivation.

I've been peeing when I cough, and am still not motivated! Why must kegals be so un-fun?

·
Registered
467 Posts
When I was pregnant with my DD I had stickers all over my apartment reminding me to do my kegels! I had a friend come over and ask me why my tv had "KEGEL!" on it, hahaha. But I have to say, it was worth it. Let's just say that when I had an exam at the beginning of this pregnancy, my midwife commented that I must have been really good about doing my kegels

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by TexasMum View Post
You are such a Kegel pusher!!!
A little selfish, too...I try to make myself do kegels whenever I come to MDC, so this is where I post my reminder. Would be toooooo embarrassing to physically post reminders around the apartment here!

Quote:

Originally Posted by biennourri View Post
Do you happen to know of any additional pelvic floor exercises to do during pregnancy? I keep meaning to research this, but somehow never remember to. I haven't had any problems, but I understand they get weaker with each pregnancy.
Hmm. I know there are different "ways to do kegels", but I'm not sure if there are other exercises established. I know I read a short paragraph about this recently, but can't remember where it was or what exactly it said!!

I've never had incontinence issues, and I never, ever want to. Going to keep doing my kegels!

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by aramat View Post

Are we limited to Saturday nights only?

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rikki Jean View Post
Are we limited to Saturday nights only?

Well, of course not! That's just the designated time for making sure you are doing them "ryte"! The rest of the time, you can do them as wrong and dirty as you like.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.