Mothering Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>Recently I've started getting pubic pain. I noticed it last weekend when I was peeing and attributed it to a possible UTI (I had other UTI symptoms)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>However, it's starting to hurt anytime I'm sitting...</p>
<p> </p>
<p>It's like an ache right in the center of my pubic bone. I don't remember this with DS so I have no idea what's up. I know several women in my DDC have SPD and now I'm terrified that's what this is.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm 30 weeks pregnant (so, on the bright side, if I DO have it I'm almost done...)</p>

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
<p>Hmm...not sure.  Mine is like a weird burning (on the inside), tingly stabbing sensation until it has been inflamed for long enough and then it will be that plus really sore like someone kicked me.  Nerve pain is strange.  What I thought was my tailbone hitting my sciatic nerve turned out to be a muscle issue.  The sharp stabbing pain is not nerve pain, nerve pain burns and is tingly (like pins and needles).  Who knew?  I would recommend icing for as long as is comfortable whenever you can.  The icepacks from my breast pump have become my best friends.  Now when I go to the chiro I go home and ice and the treatment sticks so much better.</p>

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
<p><a href="http://www.birthsource.com/scripts/article.asp?articleid=189" target="_blank">http://www.birthsource.com/scripts/article.asp?articleid=189</a></p>
<p> </p>
<p>symphysis pubis disfunction</p>

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
<p>It doesn't sound like it to me. I had SPD the last pregnancy and it hurts more when you are walking, moving, lifting your legs, rolling over in bed. The only relief I got was when I sat. I couldn't lift my legs to put pants on, or socks, and I slept on the sofa for the last three months so I didn't have to roll over. My pubic bones clicked when I walked and when I rolled over they popped loud enough to wake my husband up.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Still a visit to the chiropractor could help :hug</p>

·
Registered
383 Posts
<p>I'm not sure. I've have a lot of pains doing classic SPD irritable things like walking, moving, lifting your legs, rolling over in bed. Stepping out of a shower or putting on pants was murder as was sitting still.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I later found out I had a uti and the pain seems more managed and going away after a 10-day treatment for the UTI.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Not sure if that helps, but I was told the pain was normal by 2 different doctors and a nurse. I still wonder if it was, but it is better, so I guess I'll not press the issue.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Hope yours gets better soon!</p>

·
Registered
127 Posts
<p>Yeah, also not sure.  It doesn't sound like my spd which again was with walking, stairs, asymmetrical positions, rolling over in bed, getting in and out of the car, putting on shoes etc.  For me the pain was always fairly sharp, not aching and sitting with 2 feet down was OK.  Chiro helped and they could probably tell you if you are feeling it. </p>

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
<p>Update: It's starting to feel like I pulled a groin muscle...</p>

·
Registered
291 Posts
<p>It sounds like my exact symptoms, which is when I need my chiro to adjust my hip again.  My hip pain ALWAYS feels like SPD, which I had with my second pg, except that it starts affecting my groin and eventually the pain radiates down my leg.  But it's always just my hip and one adjustment fixes it all up.<br><br>
I will say that with my third pg, when I started having SPD symptoms again, I really kicked up my chiro visits and it never came back.<br><br>
Embarrassing tidbit: this problem flares up for me every time DH and I DTD in the missionary position.  My right hip REALLY doesn't like that.  My chiro says that I would not believe how many women have the same type of problem, unless she was just saying that to make me feel better. ;)</p>
<br>

1 - 9 of 9 Posts