Mothering Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems the UK is recommending the nasal spray for the flu vaccination for young children this year. I'm pretty happy with that. We'll sort ours out in ~October I think.

What are your plans for the flu vaccination this year (sorry if this is like the too early "Back to School" notices I've been seeing all over the shops!).

·
Premium Member
2,201 Posts
As soon as it comes available I'll get my kids in.

·
Registered
343 Posts
We will have the shot this year as usual. My 4 year old doesn't like anything sprayed in his nose (not even saline) and the shot is easier. My 5 month old will get the shot and DH and I will take the shot too. We usually get ours at the same time as DS so he can watch us first.

·
Premium Member
2,201 Posts
We usually get ours at the same time as DS so he can watch us first.
That's a good idea.

Do y'all know if the nasal spray is ok if the kid has bad allergies and has a runny nose most of the time?

·
Registered
416 Posts
We do the spray. It's less stressful for the kids, and has better efficacy.

I don't see any reason why a kid with allergies can't get the spray. If they're really bad, maybe evaluate their meds with their doc?

·
Premium Member
2,201 Posts
We do the spray. It's less stressful for the kids, and has better efficacy.

I don't see any reason why a kid with allergies can't get the spray. If they're really bad, maybe evaluate their meds with their doc?
I was thinking maybe having a runny nose would make the vaccine "run out" with it. But yeah we need to switch meds, zyrtec is worthless.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We just got the nasal spray. Really easy on the kids. Makes me a bit jealous. I'm not looking forward to my shot next week. :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts