Mothering Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so all i have is ultra dawn and the posts i have read , i have not figured out how much i should use of either reg dawn or ultra dawn ... so i was hoping to get the amount ... i think i used too much and now when we are doing the d/w strip
we are getting suds ! anyhow so here is the basic ?
What is your ultradawn washing recipe?
What is your reg dawn recipe?
Thanks you ladies (and diaper daddies) rock!!

·
Registered
212 Posts
it worked beautifully for me today. i did between 1/2 tbsp and 1 tbsp original (non ultra) for a small load. probably a bit much because i had to rinse a few times but i think we had pretty good build up and it was only like 6 diapers. they smell absoluetly clean, like nothing and my wash water was finally clean of any sheen.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
I've been going nuts trying to find the original dawn and haven't been able to find it (just the original scented Dawn) Yesterday I saw on one of the bottles that it shows that you use 1/3 of the Ultra to the regular.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i think the prob was that i used too much , i got quite a bit of suds while d/w stripping and now i am running them thru the wash with bs and vinegar in the rinse ..hope this works , i will trial run some thru the d/w tomorrow ..
ds has slight rash from the soap residue , i have had him in sposies
: all weekend ..I MISS MY FLUFFY BUT BOY
:

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Does it just cut through the detergent build up? What's to stop one from washing dipes in it more often? It's not strong enough to really clean them? Forgive my ignorance, but after all this use charlies/stay away from evil charlies, it's the build up/ it's not clean enough etc. etc. I don't know which way is up in the diapering detergent world anymore.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.