Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my beta level drawn and it was 1519 at what we're guessing to be 20 days post ovulation. My LMP they are going by is May 8th. So I have an ultrasound in a little while to see if they can see anything important yet to give some reassurance. I'm nervous.

I'll update when I get home.

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My ultrasound just wasn't meant to be today. I wasn't able to find the imaging place, and 45 minutes after my scheduled appointment we finally gave up driving around and wasting the entire tank of precious gas. Since I missed it today, I decided to reschedule it for next Tuesday, that way there will be more of a chance of seeing a heartbeat. After all, its for reassurance and they told me today we probably couldn't see it yet. (so really... not reassuring at all ya know?)

So I'm kinda grumpy and I hate waiting for things because I'm anxious until it happens... but for some reason this must be the plan and I'm ok with that.

Does anyone know anything about betas that could tell me if my numbers look okay?

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
How disappointing
I don't know much about betas. It's been 5 years since I had mine done but I do know that you need to have it taken twice to be able to judge whether or not your numbers are good. There is a range of what is normal for each week of pregnancy, but the rule is that they should double every 48 hours. I'm sure if you do a google search you'll come up with some info.

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you! And thanks for the links. That # does look at least in the normal range, though I have no other to compare it to to check on the doubling. They did my betas to see if it was far along enough to do an ultrasound, and it was. (if I didn't miss it
)

Still no morning sickness here. Tired, very. Cranky and easily to anger? You bet. And today is the first day that my children nursing has made me grumble, so I think my nipples are getting a bit sore.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.