Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you whose appointments are already booked, when are they? Will you be finding out the gender if you can? How far along will you be on this date?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Mine is booked for Sept 30th and I will be 19 weeks and I believe we will find out what the gender is if possible. We found out with both our dd's. We thought it would be fun this time though to find out ourselves but not tell anyone and just keep our little secret until the birth.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
We don't book the "big" ultrasounds until our 16 week appointment. Generally anything between 18-20 weeks is normal for us. If I remember correctly, I was 19 weeks with my first and 18 weeks with my second and third. We will find out the gender.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Well 1st ultrasound is this afternoon

2nd ultrasound will be between 18-20 weeks which will be for me, the first couple weeks of September
Can't wait to find out what this little one is...

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
good luck with your appt this afternoon! How did you get such an early one? I managed with both my others to have one at 13 weeks (first dd, can't remember why) and 10 weeks (2nd dd for kidney stone attack). Not sure this time why I was only given the routine one at 19 wks.

I wish I could have an early one just to confirm dates, and I am just dying to know if there is only one in there lol
End of September seems so far for me, waiting patiently. Also like you, I'm realllly curious to find out the gender.
GL again

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
We had an u/s at 7 weeks (was it really only a week and a half ago? Seems like ages) to confirm heartbeat and number because we used ART.

I'll probably have another at about 20 weeks for a general anatomy check, and perhaps to find out the sex - we're waffling on that one.

(BTW - you can't actually find out the gender from an ultrasound - you'll need to wait until your child's a bit older, according to this link: http://www.who.int/gender/whatisgender/en/index.html)

·
Registered
522 Posts
I had one last week at 8w2d to help me "date" the pregnancy since I really had no idea. Everything looked super, he/she had a a good, strong heartbeat and I could even see little arms and legs. Yes they were more like nubs, but, one of the cutest things I have ever seen. I will have another u/s at around 20 weeks and yes I think I am going to find out the sex of the baby. I said I was going to wait but I just don't want to. I will have another u/s at around 37 weeks to check on the size of the baby because I have had gestational diabetes with my past 2 pregnancies and anticipate having it again this time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts