Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I just got my ultrasound report in the mail on Saturday. My dr. had called me to tell me my due date, but on the report it says I have a thick-walled cystic structure in the left ovary. Then down farther on the reprort it says, Likely Left Corpus Luteum. Any thoughts? Has anyone ever had an ovarian cyst? My dr. didn't ever mention it when he called me, but then again I had a crying baby at the time too.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I have the same thing also, in my case they were quite certain it was just the corpus luteum. I've never had an ovarian cyst. My ultrasound was at 7 weeks and I won't have another until around 20, but I bet mine will be gone by then.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 100%mom View Post

Ok, I just got my ultrasound report in the mail on Saturday. My dr. had called me to tell me my due date, but on the report it says I have a thick-walled cystic structure in the left ovary. Then down farther on the reprort it says, Likely Left Corpus Luteum. Any thoughts? Has anyone ever had an ovarian cyst? My dr. didn't ever mention it when he called me, but then again I had a crying baby at the time too.
The corpus luteum is the cyst that was the follicle that released your egg. After the egg is released it becomes a cyst that produces hormones until the placenta takes over (around 10 weeks). When was your ultrasound done?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.