Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first pregnancy so of course I'm freaking out. I went to my first OBGYN appt this morning and she wanted to do an ultrasound. I'm 8 weeks. I declined the ultrasound and she was totally fine with it. She said she recommends a transnuchal lucency ultrasound at 12 weeks to check for Down's Syndrome, etc.

Originally I was 100% against ultrasounds, but due to two previous LEEP and one laser ablation of my cervix, I decided it would be a good idea to do the ultrasound at 14 weeks to make sure my cervix is competent.

I'm so nervous about everything. I'm only 27, so I don't think anything would be wrong with the baby but it's just SO SCARY. I wish I could just relax and not worry. It's so hard because it's my first.

We're planning on going with a home birth midwife after I get the all clear at my 14 week ultrasound. I've got reservations about that because I'm a worrier but I like the idea of delivering at home a lot more than at the hospital.

HELP.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
I declined the 12 week because my doctor told me there was no point if termination wasn't an option for me (which it wasn't). So I would consider that on the 12 week one. The 14 week would be one I would also personally do with your history. Wishing you a peaceful pregnancy... breathe deep and remind yourself most people have healthy babies!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you... I think it just helps to know there is someone else out there. I can't see why I wouldn't have a healthy baby, it's just so stressful because so many things could go wrong. ((HUGS))

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.