Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there has to be a more environmentally-friendly choice for personal lubricants out there. Any recommendations? A friend suggested jojoba oil, but my bottle says "external use only." I obviously don't want to use anything pertroleum based and KY (water-based?) bugs the crap out of me. I just want a plain, unscented lubricant...not something that "tingles and creates a warming sensation."

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
I third the coconut oil. Only thing I'll use now.

·
Registered
43,691 Posts
Coconut oil, unless you're using latex condoms or diaphram. Any oil can break down latex, making the barrier unreliable.

I know that I purchased an all-natural, water based personal lubricant several years ago, but I've forgotten the brand. Maybe search around at www.drugstore.com and see what they have available? I like browsing that website, even if I purchase elsewhere, because it lets you read all the packaging information such as the full ingredient list.

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Definately coconut oil. I thought that it was insane when I first read it here, but the stuff is awesome.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruthla View Post

I know that I purchased an all-natural, water based personal lubricant several years ago, but I've forgotten the brand. Maybe search around at www.drugstore.com and see what they have available? I like browsing that website, even if I purchase elsewhere, because it lets you read all the packaging information such as the full ingredient list.
Maybe it was Liquid Silk? I used that for dryness after my son was born and I realized that KY feeds yeasties.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Hands down COCONUT OIL....I am getting of the age where lubricant is almost always a necessity
, and it is the best thing...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts