Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>So I'm pretty sure my DS (a week shy of his first birthday) just swallowed one of those polished decorative glass pebble things. The kind you'd put in a fish tank or the bottom of a glass vase. I remember seeing it on the floor sometime during the rush to get DD off to preschool. DS went for where I'm pretty sure it was, he seemed to pick something up and put it in his mouth. I saw all of this out of the corner of my eye. He coughed a bit and made a face and when I put a finger in to scoop out whatever he had put in, there was nothing there.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Anyone been through this? Anything to do but wait for it to come out the other end within the next few days? Suffice to say I'm having ins company problems so I'm not sure the kids even have a dr thru the ins company at this point (I found this out yesterday, I'm NOT happy) sooooo unless we really really need to, I think a dr's visit is out of the question.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Any help would be appreciated!</p>

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
<p>My brother did this (playing on a creek bank)....when he was about 18m or so.  My mom was told to watch for it in his stool.  It passed eventually.  Here, in Ontario, we have Teleheath we can call to ask the advice of nurses....it is a great service.  I don't know if you have something similar, just to set your mind at ease.</p>

·
Registered
282 Posts
<p>I would worry about it if it was something like a Lego, but what your are talking about has smooth sides so I really don't think it can hurt him on the way through. </p>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts