Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, we're doing pretty well with the ECing. But the cloth dipes and snappis are cumbersome to get on and off at home. I'm not brave enough to try ecing outside the house yet...

I don't really feel comfortable with him being naked or us having accidents (hey, I love my carpet) - can someone suggest a dipe or undies or something that would be a) easy to get off and b) not let the pee escape? He is about 21-22 lbs I'm guessing.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
617 Posts
This probably isn't too helpful....but....

I bought a 3pk of Gerber trainers from Target for just under $7. They're size 18M and I washed them and dried them on hot to shrink them as much as I could. they're still a bit big
but i put them on my little 10lber

We did great all morning

and then, I started to get some lunch ready and set him down in his swing for 3 seconds, when I picked him up......poopy.... all over -- on a bigger baby the legs might have been much tighter, but with soupy newborn poop it was a bit messy... I'll be waiting a few months before we try THAT again!
:

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nm, I think maybe the gerbers would work for us though, if it's for a heavier baby. His thighs aren't very big, is the only problem I can see.

marvelous, my definition of "doing pretty well" could definitely be questioned by a rational observer. He's been peeing in the potty for the past two days consistently, and he's 8 months old. We just started two days ago. Tomorrow, feh. It may bring new surprises.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Have you checked out www.theecstore.com yet? We used the KISSES (training pants) from there and like them. Also, when my DD was still mostly crawling, at home I would just leave her in a fitted dipe with no cover, on a looser setting so I could pull it down.

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hmm, see - I have some fitted dipes, but dur - I never thought of just making them loose enough to pull down. Good idea. Will try that out tomorrow.

I'll also check into the EC store (just now starting to look at the stickies and whatnot). I know those babylegs are awfully cute...

·
Registered
677 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by flyingspaghettimama
... I know those babylegs are awfully cute...
And made right here in your currently sunny city! (Not that I'm stalking you or anything
)

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I like using fitted diapers without covers. They have snaps and are pretty easy to get on and off quickly. I made them myself based on the Very Baby AIO pattern, found at www.diapershop.com. But any fitted diaper would do the trick, and you could use the fitteds when you leave your house, too. I'd go with a medium in most brands for a baby that size. My 24 pound 2 year old wears mediums in most everything in diapers (she's very thin with no booty and quite tall).

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
My DS is about the same age and size as yours, FSM. We're mostly using Gerber trainers these days (we have a few JC Penney ones, too.) They don't totally keep the pee from escaping, but they do prevent big puddles. It's not safe to have him on the bed, for instance, in just the trainers - if he rolls over on his belly and pees, it can still make a wet spot that soaks through to the mattress. I sometimes put a pull-on cover over the training pants if I want to be really safe.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I like fitteds with no covers for a baby who is sitting and/or crawling if you are missing poops. (Pulling something full of poop down wthout snaps is NO fun!)

Once poops are mostly caught I like the Kisses at theECstore or the JC Penney trainers. I have small (barely 18 lb) 13 montjh old and the 2T fit her well. Granted I wash them like dipes (hot water), so they probably have shrunk a bit. We're mising a lot of pees these days so out two of the cheapy trainers on her or one kisses.

There are a ton of nice trainers out there, so with snaps, some waterproof, but I am not willing to shell out more than $10 or $11 a piece.

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks mamas, we got some gerber trainers and used a smaller waterproof cover (nylon) on top. He likes it fine, we made it through the evening without a miss. He really hates having his diapers changed, so even if it's a pull-on dipe/undie, he's happy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts