Mothering Forum banner

umm.. hi my name is.... ummm...

742 views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  meandmine 
#1 ·
HI I ma a single mom I have been for a long time . I have been on these boards for about 5 years on and off. I have struggled and almost reached my goals and then struggled some more.
In the last 10 months things were really looking up for me and the 2 children that I am able to raise. (14yr ds lives w/dad) I have rekindled my relationship with Jesus. And been clean of drugs for 10 months almost 11 now. I am doing really well. I have done couselling, found my inner child. Learned how to talk so kids will listen and listen so kids will talk. I have had a wonderful supportive enviroment to live in.

Now I am homeless, scared alone, and the only thing keeping me here is my faith and my kids. I really messed up. and no it wasn't doing drugs. I was living with friends doing foster care with them in their home. It was hard! We only took in really messed teens. I loved it. One of the teens they were adopting told me something and I never said anything. Then when it came out, I was asked to leave. The mom(adpoted) just flipped, wouldn't talk to me or look at me wouldn't let us eat . Pretty much made it misrable to be there. She still maintains that she didn't kick us out that we choose to leave. but she was being mean and hurtful to dd, like giving the other kids hot chocolate and telling dd she didn't desrve any. Leting her kids watch a movie but not ds. ( the only tv was in there bedroom) it was awful.

Anyway, Christmas is coming, my kids are asking for stuff, I just keep praying. That we will get a place to live. I have a job, but I can't start untill we are settled. My children are doing ok, next week I am going to phone and get some councelling for them and all of us. I know how much it helped me.
I just wanted to say hi, let you know my story.
I know I am not that alone, there are lots of us out here but some nights like tonight things look hopeless
Elizabeth

See less See more
#3 ·
No good advice here.. Just wanted to reply to your post and send some good vibes your way. I am sorry things are so rough right now. It sounds like you are a strong woman and have your faith and your family to get you through. I definitely believe that things happen for a reason and that we aren't given more than what we can handle, as the saying goes. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers

#6 ·
I guess I should of said we are staying at my dads. it sounds great! but I am just getting to know him since his heart attack in May. My stepmom and him said we can stay only for a short while because dad can not have any stress. so I am looking for a place.
yes I do belive that good things can happen. I am going to look at a place on tuesday and I think it will work, my refrences all checked out all ready. and the ministry is going to pay for my damage deposit.
my ds is 5 and my dd is 11. my ds that live with papa is 14
We are at least with family and warm, thank the Lord for small things right!
Elizabeth

#7 ·
what a nightmare!! I am glad you have a place to live at least. it may be tem[porary and far frm ideal but it is one less thing to worry about which will make everything else go smoother. I am praying for you. this must be so hard.

#9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by corysmilk View Post
HI I ma a single mom I have been for a long time . I have been on these boards for about 5 years on and off. I have struggled and almost reached my goals and then struggled some more.
In the last 10 months things were really looking up for me and the 2 children that I am able to raise. (14yr ds lives w/dad) I have rekindled my relationship with Jesus. And been clean of drugs for 10 months almost 11 now. I am doing really well. I have done couselling, found my inner child. Learned how to talk so kids will listen and listen so kids will talk. I have had a wonderful supportive enviroment to live in.

Now I am homeless, scared alone, and the only thing keeping me here is my faith and my kids. I really messed up. and no it wasn't doing drugs. I was living with friends doing foster care with them in their home. It was hard! We only took in really messed teens. I loved it. One of the teens they were adopting told me something and I never said anything. Then when it came out, I was asked to leave. The mom(adpoted) just flipped, wouldn't talk to me or look at me wouldn't let us eat . Pretty much made it misrable to be there. She still maintains that she didn't kick us out that we choose to leave. but she was being mean and hurtful to dd, like giving the other kids hot chocolate and telling dd she didn't desrve any. Leting her kids watch a movie but not ds. ( the only tv was in there bedroom) it was awful.

Anyway, Christmas is coming, my kids are asking for stuff, I just keep praying. That we will get a place to live. I have a job, but I can't start untill we are settled. My children are doing ok, next week I am going to phone and get some councelling for them and all of us. I know how much it helped me.
I just wanted to say hi, let you know my story.
I know I am not that alone, there are lots of us out here but some nights like tonight things look hopeless
Elizabeth
--

Where abouts in Canada do you live? Perhaps someone here can help you out???

#11 ·
hi
thank you for the replys. We are in Gibsons BC. the women on here have been great to me and my family. I feel bad ASKing for help. I just needed to vent moslty.
Elizabeth

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.