Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
feeling really really heavy/pressured low down? And kinda achey?

I woke up this AM feeling really really bloated/heavy {kinda like a really really full bladder} in my lower abdomen/upper pubic area - but peeing didn't help at all. It finally sorta lessened after about 4 hours, but now it's achey feeling there and still slightly heavy. Almost like menstrual cramps, but lower and not as bad. Once in a while I get a sharp shooting pain in my cervix area, but only for a second.

Should I be worried?

Everyone I've seen today keeps telling me it looks like I'm ready to pop already

·
Registered
408 Posts
i have had very similar pains in the last few days... kinda crampy, with pressure and the occasional sharp pains. after some worrying , i am pretty sure it's the way the baby is laying (she is ROP most of the of the time, and sometimes completely posterior). the pain gets better if i get up and move around or lay on my side, it's worst if i am semi reclined on my back.

the sharp pains, i am told by my doula and mw, are almost always a sign that the baby is pressing on a nerve. yet again, positioning i think.

so, i don't know if that helps, but i know how you feel! and i keep being reassured that it's nothing to worry about.... hang in there!

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
every morning like an exploding bladder, but it goes away when I'm walking around, I also get it when I sit for a longer time. No sharp pains though

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
Sometimes when the babe is in a certain position (still flips around a lot for me!) I have a TON of pressure and pain in the low abdomen/pelvis. It is also accompanied by cervix kicks. It has never lasted me four hours though, I usually just coax her out of that position!

·
Registered
666 Posts
The bloating thing I'm totally understanding. I feel full inside even if I'm hungry and havnt eaten yet... Man its uncomfy! I also get the pains too, although I'm told its nothing to worry about.

Thankfully only just over 8 weeks to go!! I want my bladder back, and my stomac (Well as in I want to not feel full / bloated all the time)... And my ability to put on shoes back!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
These are all signs of the baby's head descending and getting set to press on your cervix! What fun!

If it is really bothering you for some temporary relief you can get on your hands and knees and rest on your elbows with your bum higher than your head. This gives your back a good stretch and can relieve the pressure for a bit - especially if you are getting nerve pain.

Generally though its a good thing that things are moving in a downward direction its just really uncomfortable.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Oh yea...lots of pressure and sharp pains here! I'm glad I'm not the only one. I only notice the sharp pains when I am up walking. They go away when I sit down. Must be the way she is positioned.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I have to say its good to know its happening for a reason!! And through all my complaining its always good to know shes there (Despite the huge stomac, which does make it a little hard to forget....) but its nice to know shes ok in there moving round and all! Will try the stretch too

·
Registered
130 Posts
I'm having very similar sensations. I think my babe is pushing down on my bladder/cervix (both I think) too and stretching out trying to make room for his/herself.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I can identifywith the pressure/pain thing!! My pain has been in my lower abdomin, although I am getting pressure on my cervix and occasional cervix/bladder shots from my little break dancer. Oouch, sometimes I get hit so hard that I have to run...I mean waddle, to the bathroom!
I woke up earlier this week with my lower belly aching soooooo bad it almost brought me to tears. I ended up eventually rubbing some arnica cream in as the ache was muscular. It seems now that when the babe is in certian positions..(oblique...)it makes it VERY uncomfy. The arnica cream really helped with the nasty muscle ache. has anyone else ever tried to use arnica cream for muscle aches?? I had never bought it before but my duaghter picked it out at the health food store for a nasty deer fly bite. I've always had a bunch of homeopathic arnica around but I really enjoyed this cream. Great to for leg aches.
I'm wondering if maybe my babes position is due to my chiropractic adjustments lately. My hips have been tilted (oouch) for years causing sciatic nerve pain and hip ache. I started seeing a chiro 2 weeks ago (2 times a week) and he's working my hips back into the right position which should help baby get into the right position. Everything is moving which gives me a sense of relief, but man....everyonce in a while the pian of re-positioning is nasty.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts