Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my son and i would like to make something to include with our holiday/christmas cards this year
we have lots of thick copper wire and tons of gorgeous beads
what can i do with it and how would i do it?
again--i'm not that craftsy
thanks for any suggestions

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
A few years ago I made cards and ornaments with copper wire. For cards I just bent the wire into tree, heart,star,leaf patterns and put a bead or two on some but not all. I stitched them to the front of a plain card with one or two stitches. They could be removed to use as an ornament. I made some just as ornaments too. My niece made me some just corling the wire into coils and s shapes and hearts and hooking them all together with the occasional bead attached. They are lovely. A friend coiled several strand around into a wreath shape similar to a grapevine wreath and decorated it with cut out tine or aluminum stars and moons and it was lovely too.

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
We made suncatchers for Mother's day. We wrapped the wire around the beads every 2 inches or so. Then we wrapped the beaded wire around a paper towel tube to make a spiral. You could maybe compress the spiral to send it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.