Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ladies!!

I'm 18 weeks 6 days pregnant with my 3rd child and my husband and I plan on having an unassisted childbirth. My first L&D was an unnecessary induction at 3 days past EDD. It seems as though once they started the one intervention (pitocin) there was a domino effect of interventions. I wasn't dilating fast enough (for them) so more drugs, higher pitocin, more drugs, higher pitocin, and then even more drugs to where my body couldn't handle it anymore so I screamed for an epidural after 18 hours. Eventually, they tried forcing a c-section on me because things weren't happening fast enough. We were told that I had until 8pm or they were going to have to do surgery. Fortunately I had a midwife whom ran interference. My baby was not under duress and the doctor, who was insistent on the cesarean, shift ended at 9pm...so we figured he was just trying to get one more surgery in before his shift ended.:frown: 24 hours later and 30 mins of pushing and she was here.

My 2nd L&D... I was awakened to my water breaking in my sleep. I called my midwife, hopped in the shower to clean off the amniotic fluid and things went extremely fast from there. We jumped in the car at 3:30am dropped off my daughter with family and headed toward the hospital. The contractions were quick and fierce. By the time I got to the hospital door his head was almost out and I hadn't pushed at all. When we got in, they kept telling me not to push because he kept descending but I wasn't physically forcing anything. My body was doing all the work for me. It was as if they wanted me to hold him in so that they could hook me up to the fetal monitor...Wth!? I was thinking. They kept telling me to wait, wait...so they could do their liability stuff. Which made the pain intensify times 100! Finally after hooking me up to machines they say push and he slid out. 2hours of labor total.

My husband and I were like..."we could've just had him at home."

So with baby #3 that is exactly what we plan to do. With no fear, no negative vibes, under the conditions we want in the privacy of our home...with hubby and I being the first ones to hold our baby. The way, I believe God intended.

With No disrespect to anyone else's beliefs, paths, or journeys...I am not interested in hearing anything negative about my choice, risks, or how you wouldn't do it. I am just hear to find other moms who've already done UC or plan on doing it.

God Bless you all and I bid you good health and healthy full term pregnancies:smile:

PEACE

·
Registered
150 Posts
I've had 2 and am 22 weeks with baby 4 and plan another UC with this one. First baby wad water birth with midwives at the hospital just to see how I handled laborious and such. Went so well that next two were at home and calm and wonderful. Good luck and enjoy the experience. I would also encourage you to visit the UC thread.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts