Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a definite contraction last night, just 1, nothing since then. Since waking up this AM, I've had nothing but constant pressure in my "rear" like I have to go #2, but I've gone twice already and there is nothing left! I'm 36 weeks today, so I'm not worried about the baby and if it is labor I'll just go with it. But, I can't tell and I don't want to have to call DP to have him come home for nothing. Its a BAD week for us right now, and I can't imagine putting more stress on him without solid evidence, lol.

Anyone have labor start out like this? With DD my contractions woke me in the middle of the night and were very period cramp like. I didn't have this pressure!

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
it can also be the baby engaging. I have constant pressure in my butt for a couple of weeks now b/c of the baby being so low. it drives me batty. (as for contraction - I contract all of the time so that's not anything I can help you with
)

I would wait it out a bit probably. you'll know when something is starting to happen likely. you can't have a baby without more contractions - so if you feel your husband is close enough I would wait til I saw some consistancy with them.

·
Premium Member
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks
This pressure is ridiculous! I feel like my insides are trying to come out.

I think I'll take DD out to lunch and walk around Walmart a bit to see what happens.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
if the walk doesn help I would take a nice warm bath to ease the tension.

(not to be weird... but is there any chance you're constipated? you can have diareah even if you're constiopated and it can cause serious butt pressure b/c of the baby already being heavy on your lower parts. anyhow not to be in your business, just sometimes this happens to people with babies that are really low)

wine or beer are good too... though I'd wait til after the walk heh

·
Premium Member
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Back from Walmart....

Still feeling pressure, had some pains really low down in the hoo-ha, so I ran my errands and came home. I'm definitely not constipated, I've been taking colace for a few days because I was after we battled a bad stomach virus, plus massive amounts of salad and everything is moving along the way it should.

Well, I'm going to try to not stress about it. I don't think I'm in LABOR, just gearing up for it, so I have time to calm down and relax a little. I would take a bath but am home alone with DD and am at the point that getting out of the tub requires some assistance. I don't want to get stuck in there.

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
Have you tried getting down on your chest with your bottom in the air? That can move the baby up a little to relieve the pressure. Also do you know the position of the baby? If the baby is op the biggest part of the head can be right on your intestines. It can create a ton of pressure. How about hemorrhoids? Since you have been going a lot you might have created some and that can feel like your insides are falling out.

For me I have pressure in my vagina, esp when the baby pushes against my ribs. I swear my water will break at any second when he does that. And I am most def not in labor and its been like that for weeks. I have a feeling its because hes a big baby.

·
Premium Member
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Full Heart View Post
Have you tried getting down on your chest with your bottom in the air? That can move the baby up a little to relieve the pressure. Also do you know the position of the baby? If the baby is op the biggest part of the head can be right on your intestines. It can create a ton of pressure. How about hemorrhoids? Since you have been going a lot you might have created some and that can feel like your insides are falling out.

For me I have pressure in my vagina, esp when the baby pushes against my ribs. I swear my water will break at any second when he does that. And I am most def not in labor and its been like that for weeks. I have a feeling its because hes a big baby.
I guess it could be any of the things you mentioned, lol. I'm just taking it easy and what ever happens, happens. He doesn't feel particularly huge to me, DD was over 9lbs and this guy seems smaller so far. He just has a really hard head that he likes to grind into my pelvis, lol.

I'm a VBAC, so if I go early it would be better - smaller baby, less scare tactics about c-section, etc. Things calmed down now anyway, so back to waiting.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.