Mothering Forum banner

Uncomfortable (Painful) Sex - TMI

507 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  musiclady 
#1 ·
Sorry if TMI but was hoping some of you lovely ladies could help. For the past 7-8 years I've suffered from a VERY dry area downtown. Partially from a severe lack of vitamin D (for which I'm being treated), partially as a result from some cryosurgery 8 years ago and partially just age or whatever I guess. In order to enjoy sex, I've had to use major lube (pre-seed being the best) and still it's only really enjoyable when ovulating.

I'm now 6 weeks and 3 days pg and last night DH and I tried to enjoy some adult time as part of our anniversary. Used lube (not pre-seed) but it was WAY too dry and uncomfortable and felt like DH couldn't possibly get nearly all the way in. So we enjoyed ourselves in other ways.

Thoughts? Is this normal during pregnancy? What can/should I do? Will it get better at any point?

#3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by sunflwrmoonbeam View Post
I can't offer much advice, other than I've noticed I'm wetter down there now that I'm pregnant.
Me, too, but the consistency is thinner than usual so it doesn't lubricate as well. Plus I am *super* sensitive, so we have to go slower than usual.

Maybe try a thicker lube than usual?

#5 ·
I like preseed the best of any I've tried. My DH is ,er, wide? and I'm for now, narrow. Guess all that changes after baby #1...

I'm scared to have sex! Poor husband. I think I'll feel better after my dr visit, even though I know it's okay to do it!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.