Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>Hi everyone,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm very new to the Waldorf philosophy and since I'm due with #2 in February, we want to get DS a doll for Christmas.  I can't afford an expensive one and with everything else on my list to make for Christmas still needing finishing, I can't make one either.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I found <a href="http://www.thisthatotherthings.com/utndoll-486.html" target="_blank">this</a> one, Its by Under the Nile.  And I think its pretty cute.  Are they a good brand?  Anything I should know about them?  Are they incredibly firm, because I want something that DS can really snuggle, too.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks!</p>

·
Registered
364 Posts
<p>I don't know about that style, but I bought my niece one of their little 7" babies and it was great. It was pretty firmly stuffed but soft on the outside. Not sure that helps.</p>

·
Registered
60 Posts
<p>We have some fruit from that company that both DS and I really like. They are pretty firm, but the cotton outside is soft. He used to  chew on it a lot and it's held up really well. I didn't know they made dolls, so I'm not much help there. It looks cute though!</p>

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
<p>We have that exact one and DS loves him. It's not too firm, and it has been very durable-- ours has been through lots of use! The only complaint has been that the cap is sewn to his head and DS sometimes wants to take it off. </p>

·
Registered
4,306 Posts
<p>DD has one and she's never played with it. She got it when she was 3 and she never liked that she can't change the position of the limbs--it's pretty stiff. But it would be nice for baby or toddler beacuse even though it's stiff, it's really soft to the touch and still cuddle-able and chewable. I do generally really like UTN stuff and I like that they've become so accessible and inexpensive in the last few years.</p>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts