Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi mamas,

I am unexpectedly pregnant at 37 with my second, after a miscarriage earlier this year. I am due March 26th. My son is 10. I am a special education teacher in a very rural community with just a few close friends and a nasty ex-husband, truly living in a fishbowl! The sperm donor is an ex-boyfriend with whom I had a brief encounter last month...must have been for this reason because I have wanted to have another child for a few years! My dilemmas are several, as you might expect.....added to which is that I have recently begun seeing a wonderful man who might not take too well to the idea of dating a woman pregnant by someone else. SO I am juggling.....public scrutiny as a single professional mother in a small town and public job and possibly totally single, versus the joy of growing the family I have wanted, albeit in an unorthodox way! I have resources - great salary, good car, my own house - but I did want to have a baby with the right man. This just isn't what I dreamed of, but then, I am trying to see this pregnancy as a gift and a message that I need to heed. Any words of wisdom and support will be greatly appreciated as I begin this journey!

Inside, I am THRILLED!!!!!!!!!!! And of course dusting off my name lists:
girl - Eva, Emma, Zoe, Sophie
Boy - Samuel, Sawyer, Ezekiel

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Laurie, I just wanted to give you a
and say that I truly and strongly believe that all things happen for a reason! I think that the fact that you are thrilled inside says it all!

Welcome, and I hope that things go great for you, even if it isn't exactly the way you had dreamed it would be!!!

-Jenny

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Congratulations on your pregnancy mama!!!!
You are thrilled...and thats what counts!

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Welcome and congrats!

Isn't it interesting how these little people come to us right when they are ready? I wish I had some good advice for you. It sounds like your attitude is in the right place and all the resources you have should serve you well. I hope the rest falls into the perfect place soon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts