Mothering Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm still trying to wrap my head around what I witnessed. I can't talk about it yet. I recall a (somewhat) recent thread about unexpected outcome and regaining trust in birth. I'll chalk my ineptitude with the search feature up to grief and general confusion. Can someone find it for me?

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
I'm sorry honey, I looked for a thread that may be of help to you but couldn't find anything that was relevant. Post here and let your MDC friends support you and wrap our caring thoughts and strength around you. Be good to yourself. Hugs.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I'm sorry you're having a hard time right now.<br><br>
I think this might be the thread you're looking for: <a href="http://www.mothering.com/discussions/showthread.php?t=62926" target="_blank">My first stillbirth</a>

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. The link doesn't work, but I found the thread by title. It seems like I was looking for something else, but maybe not.<br><br>
The short of it is that I decided to attend only two births (I'm a doula) during this pregnancy--my sister and a long-time, dear friend. I didn't make my sister's birth (a week and a half ago) as it was precipitous. My friend's labor & birth (several days ago) was longish but normal...except for the outcome. Her son has no brain activity and is not expected to survive. The reason is elusive, and might remain so. It's not my story to tell, so that's all I'm going to say about it.<br><br>
I'm utterly devastated. This family means the world to me.

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
I'm so sorry. I attended a birth with an unexpected outcome and it takes a long time to heal. You are in my thoughts.

·
Registered
852 Posts
I am so very sorry. It's so hard to work in a world that has no guarantees. My heart goes out to you and to that family.<br><br>
Please remember that this is a rare and unlikely outcome and has no bearing on you whatsoever. OK? Whatever you need to do to get yourself away from fear- do it. For me- what I always do is when something so unlikely happens- I know that it's not going to happen again ever in my world- and that brings me comfort.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts