Mothering Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some reason I have this nagging feeling that "something is not quite right" with this sprout inside. I'm starting to show, and think I'm feeling movement in the same general area consistently, but there is still this sense that something is off.

I've had intermittent bleeding, not heavy, just drops or smears on the tp. No cramping, no pain, just brighter red blood every now and then...

Perhaps I'm worrying over nothing. Perhaps it's just a challenge to not actually see or feel in control of what's going on inside. Does anybody else get this sense sometimes?

I have a routine ultrasound in a couple of days that I'm really eager for, which will hopefully ease some worry... Or confirm something's up. Nothing I can do until then, but the curiosity is intensifying...

·
Registered
885 Posts
Yesterday had a lot of cramping. I'm pretty sure that is not supposed to happen until later in the pregnancy, but maybe it happened in other pregnancies and I just never noticed it before. Just a tightening of the uterus all day long. And I woke up at 4am with an ache in my back between the shoulder blades. Woke up again at 7:30 and it's still there, so I'm going to Urgent Care this morning (as soon as they open) to rule out heart problems. Could just be residual pain from the chiropractor, but I would rather be safe than sorry.

I hope your ultrasound is nothing but positive news here very soon. :) It definitely puts the mind at ease when you can see the heartbeat.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Update: Urgent Care said they wouldn't see me if I suspect heart attack, so I called my mom to help me decide if I'm actually going to the ER or waiting to see my doctor on Tuesday. ER costs a ton, so it is a concern. She called her friend who is a nutritionist and in med school and she said that if it were heart attack, it wouldn't last hours and hours, it would have stopped by now. So I must have pulled a muscle.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@Valerie11 I woke up this morning joking the thought, "I sure hope this kid is worth it!" Maybe you're feeling the same.
24 hours later, and I hope you're feeling much better.

The amount our bodies change and the reaction (and range of reactions) our bodies have to these changes is astounding.

Last night was my first rough night sleep. I'm not sure what round ligament pain is, but every time I would try to roll over I would feel a sharp shooting pain in my lower uterus. Not to mention feeling like I was 15 months pregnant for some reason. Finally about 5am the feelings went away and I was able to fall into a deep deep sleep.

Time to make some changes to ensure things are more comfortable during the nights... Time to discover more about myself and my habits and see how they correlate to my physical sensations.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Yesterday I felt like I was dying. My upper back hurt and felt like it was in my chest, my lower back would occasionally hurt, and I had a pounding headache on my eyeballs last night. My husband got me a hot washcloth to put over my eyes, then a bag of veggies from the freezer to put on it. Then, I put biofreeze on my eyebrows to help. It did help a little bit, so that it wasn't pounding anymore, but it didn't totally go away.

This morning everything is a bit better. Not perfect, but better. My dad was telling me it could be heartburn, drink water, and my MIL was telling me that it's because I don't get enough exercise so get up and move. But I think it was from eating Papa John's pizza and drinking Sierra Mist Natural. We got some on Saturday since we were watching some neighborhood kids, and I really shouldn't have had any. I've been on an organic diet and I thought maybe the fact that it was the natural soda with sugar would make it okay, but no. I always get backaches with conventional sodas, and sometimes headaches, too. So I guess it's my own fault. I think the fact that it was stormy weather added to the pain, because I also get headaches on cloudy days before it rains. I think the two together made for a monster headache. Now I just need to keep drinking water until my system is cleaned out.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Oh, and I won't take Tylenol or any pain killers. I think I did pretty good abstaining considering the pain.

·
Premium Member
1,894 Posts
Hopefully it is just unfounded fear. Like the one I had that I would not be able to have children. I remember being in my early twenties and asking my doctor. He told me he couldn't tell me and I wouldn't know until I started trying. And seeing as I did not have my first until I was 35, I carried that unfounded, nagging feeling for a long, long time.

·
Premium Member
4,267 Posts
Oh , I sure hope everyone is feeling better. I just saw the thread. @Valerie11 hope it is heartburn. Up I can't drink anything with carbonation without it happening to me. @happyday8598 sounds like round ligament. I have Ben having that too when I flip in bed at night. Please come back and post when you have had your ultrasound.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
885 Posts
Sorry, didn't mean to hijack this thread. The chiropractor found that one of my rib heads (on my back) was poking the wrong way, so that would account for the back pain that day. And root beer accounts for the headache. I just cannot drink Mug root beer, not even a sip.

happyday, I'm sure the feeling that something isn't right is just because something isn't right. You're pregnant. It's hard to feel like things are right when your whole body is doing things that you cannot control. I'm sure the baby is fine and healthy, though.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@happyday8598
How did everything turn out????

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks for asking. Things looked good on the ultrasound. The babe was squirming as much as possible to avoid the technology. "He" did that with the heartbeat scan awhile back, too. I tried telling it before hand what was going to go down, so that it'd be more informed and cooperate, but... nope... it just doesn't like those sound waves invading his space.
Had another wave of panic this morning, as I relistened to the words of the doctor who came in to "say hi", and confirm that things looked good physically, but "since I opted to not have genetic testing, they couldn't rule out down's syndrome at this point". He came across as a jerk, and replaying his conversation in my head this morning I yelled at myself for not just doing the damn testing. After doing a little research online, I see that there are soft markers that could indicate a genetic problem, that the doctor would recommend a deeper evaluation for, but none of those were mentioned at the ultrasound. So my mind rested. It rested again after watching a couple of YouTube videos of down's children, and remembering a very happy dancing down's boy I saw recently. Hoping for a healthy child in that regard, but we could handle a down's baby if that is what is meant to be.

Thank you for asking, TracyAmber!
@Valerie11 - ouch! I hope that's corrected itself? That could be a pain in the back if it keeps rearing its jabs all pregnancy! And I'm so sorry for no Mugs root beer! I'm a Barq's fan, myself, and for some reason this pregnancy has made my maybe 2x/year indulgence about 10x since pregnancy. It's just soooo GOOD!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts