Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've delivered al my babes in the hospital, my 1st 2 was vag deliveries and my last dd was an emerg c/s, late decels and not tolerating labor. All of my births were inductions.<br><br>
I've become very enlightened on many levels since my last birth, and would like to go vbac. I do not sense a positive support on this issue w/ my present OB, so I will seek a 2nd opinion and possibly another OB, if need be.<br><br>
I was diagnosed 11 years ago w/ an elevated +ANA, had several tests done, no other diagnosis made. Delivered my 2nd dd w/ no problems, 10 yrs ago. After my m/c 5 yrs ago, I was seeing an RE for infertility and pcos, she reviewed my previous labs, inclusing the ANA and said I needed to be on baby ASA while ttc and heparin injections when become pg. After further testing I tested positive for Lupus Anticoagulant. Once I became pregnant, we followed the protocol she recommended. I was induced for my dd at 38w5d, my body was not ready for an induction (I was high thick and closed), had a stressful labor and ended up with a primary csection.<br><br>
I want to VBAC on my own terms, and my present OB said I will have to <b>HAVE A VBAC induction (Pitocin)</b> b/c of 1) my autoimmune issues and 2) its a VBAC. That concerns me since with all my pg's my body is not ready prior to 40 weeks. I don't want another c-section if not necessary. My largest babe (#1) was 9-6 at 41 weeks, despite a rough delivery and a 4th degree tear, I was able to deliver vaginally.<br><br>
I'm going to ask a 2nd opinion with the perinatologist in Nashville, my friend recommended her, and see what her perspective will be on this issue. I've been reading and learning about a lot of "natural" induction methods which I feel much more comfortable with than Pitocin.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
I'd probably find a midwife to attend the birth. I wouldn't want to induce with a VBAC. I don't know a lot about your specific health issues though.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Pitocin induction is one of the leading causes of a uterine rupture in VBAC's. STAY AWAY from any kind of induction with a VBAC birth!!! Especially since you've had to vag births already you should have every confidence in yourself and your body that you can birth a baby naturally. there is no need for an induction

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I completely agree with you, there is a midwife that delivers at another hospital closeby, I may ask her. I don't know how comfortable she will feel about treating me, but she does practice with 2 very easy going docs.<br><br>
There's also another OB in town that is very natural and would be open minded to my options, I beleive.<br><br>
So for now, I'm going to schedule an consult with the perinatologist in Nashville, my friend who is a LLL loves her and feels she is very open minded.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts