Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>Woohooo!  Just in time since we are due Jan 9th!  SO excited!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The story:  DH's work decided to switch from Aetna to United effective Jan 1, 2011.  We were kinda worried about how this would impact our situation with the HB.  Aetna will cover at an out-of network rate (which is pretty lousy after deductibles, etc).  ANyway we had to fill out some transfer of care info for United and we got the letter Dec 30th that as of Jan 1, they will cover our midwife at in-network rates.  It is unclear if they are covering it b/c we asked or b/c they think Aetna was already covering at in-network rates - due to the transfer of care forms.  ANyway, either way it works out for us!!  Just thought some people might be interested.  We are in NC and having a HB with a CNM (which is legal here).  She is not normally considered in-network for United, and the letter did come with an admonishment to choose in-network providers in the future.  LOL.  Sure, as soon as you cover a HB midwife, we will do that.</p>

·
Registered
821 Posts
<p>Wow - that's awesome!  We have united but I don't think I"m going to even bother since we have a $7k (!!!!) deductible and our MWs fees is half that.  We'll just submit and get it applied towards the deductible.  Good for you though!</p>

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<p>that makes sense for you to do.  United is much better to work with than Aetna.  I give them high marks for customer service and response time.  Considering especially that I had an answer within a week and I wasn't even covered by them yet AND it was the holiday time.  Crazy good work on their part.  We've actually been fighting with Aetna since about May!!</p>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts