Mothering Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
3,618 Posts
1)how many days were you when you went into labor?

9 days past my due date.

2) How acurate were your dates ?? meaning do you think your due date was even calculated correctly based on your real cycle or conception or ultrasound??

We did IVF, so we knew the conception date for sure - so, yes, the due date was calculated correctly.

3) did your water break before labor? ( they say this is uncommon)

No, it broke during labor.

4) What symptoms did you experience before going into labor???? Did you have any idea it was coming the days or weeks before???

I had been having more and stronger Braxton-Hicks contractions for maybe a week before, but there were no new symptoms right before labor started. (Except that I caused some especially strong B-H contractions by going for a longer-than-usual walk the evening before labor started. Also had sex that evening, and I think the exercise and/or sex may have had the desired effect of bringing on labor.)

5) any other thoughts you think would help first time moms know about regarding due dates and labor ( besides that they are pretty inconclusive)

When I told my OB that my mom was 2 weeks late with all four of her kids, and my sister's boys were 2 weeks late and 10 days late, and asked him if being early or late tended to run in families, he said yes it did, and it was likely my baby would be late, too. And she was. So you might want to find out whether other women in your family delivered early or late.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.