Mothering Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
158 Posts
1)how many days were you when you went into labor
I started labouring on Mon, May 7th and delivered on Thur, May 10th. She was due on the 9th, so I was one day past due.

2) How acurate were your dates ?? meaning do you think your due date was even calculated correctly based on your real cycle or conception or ultrasound??
My cycle was completely whacked and we did not keep track of the dates that we had sex, so I had no idea when I conceived. Based on my last period date I was 6 weeks pg when I found out. Ultrasound later proved that to be wrong and I was barely pg when I found out. (Therefore my cycle dates being out by approx 6 weeks...) However when I gave birth, all of the nurses and doctor felt that she appeared to be 2 weeks past due - because of her size and the wrinkling.

2) did your water break before labor? ( they say this is uncommon)
No.

3) What symptoms did you experience before going into labor???? Did you have any idea it was coming the days or weeks before???
I lost my mucous plug on the Saturday before giving birth, so that would be about 2.5 days before labour started and almost 5 days before delivering.
That was the only hint I had of it coming.

4) any other thoughts you think would help first time moms know about regarding due dates and labor ( besides that they are pretty inconclusive)
This is not labour related, but the biggest surprise for me was that I started lactacting (leaking) at 6 months! That shocked and freaked me out.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.