Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We were using fertility awareness with condom backup. It could have been a leaky condom, but more likely it was some spermies who outlived their life expectancy.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
None, I was told I would not be able to get pregnant without drugs, IVF etc.

·
Registered
389 Posts
With preg #1 (mc) I was on mircette, with preg #2 (DS1) I was on ortho tri-cyclen lo, with this preg I was on nothing and we were using condoms except the 2 times DH forgot that month

Before ever conceiving I had been on ortho tricyclen (regular) and never had even a scare for at least 5years.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
I was on BC with both Ds I was on Yazmin befor ethe whole Yaz stuff (let me guess why they changed it
) I was on Loestrin24 with this bean! the ob said ohhhh Bc has changed in the last 5 years ummmmmm ..... Doc. ...... not with me! lots of people get pregnant with the ortho tri-cyclen lo I have been seeing.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Theoretically I own a diaphragm...but rarely use it. We mostly use FAM. During my last cycle my temps were all over the place so I stopped temping after about 16 days figuring I was having an anovulatory cycle. We have a baby a toddler and we cosleep, so it's not like we get tons of chances every month. Turnout I ovulated around day 27 of my cycle...about 4 days after we had dtd the one and only time that month (thinking we were "safe"). If we had really been serious about preventing I wouldn't ahve been so lax. Nevertheless I consider this baby to be a miracle as I had about 2 weeks of heavy implantation bleeding (which I thought was a strange, late period).

·
Registered
838 Posts
FAM. I was temping and checking cervical position. I never got my cycle back after DD was born and my body was showing no signs of ovulation. Surprise!!! I must have caught that first postpartum egg.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
This is incredibly embarassing to admit as I am 32 and not 17, but I had the Depo Provera shot...in my purse all month. I hadn't had sex for quite a while before XP and I had some gynecological issues last year; I thought maybe going off the Depo would help so I did since I wasn't DTD. XP and I had just started having sex and I had to wait until I started my period to get the injection (he knew all this). Alas, I never started my period.

Tried Plan B to no avail.

I had 15 years of success with OrthoTricyclen (reg) and the Depo Shot prior to this.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.