Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I just realized I only have 4 weeks left until baby is due, I don't even have a carseat yet!!! Now I'm stressing out that I have nothing prepared for this, you think I would know by now seeing this is my third time around or maybe that is why I have been so lax about it! What am I forgetting besides the carseat? I have some clothes, cloth diapers, swaddling blankets, wrap, and a nursing pillow . What about me for post partum? I've got around to freezing a few meals, but need to get on that ASAP and the only other thing I can think of is giant maxi pads. I feel like the list should be longer or is it really this simple?

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
It really is that simple. Don't fret!

Baby needs to: Sleep, eat, poop, and travel safely from one place to another.
Mama mainly just needs something to bleed on, everything after that is extra!

Don't worry, really. Babies need so little. So much stuff is just frills. Maybe spend some time thinking about what kinds of nice little extras you might like and get those, but there will also be plenty of time to get things after the baby arrives as well.

Some moms like to keep bottled water and easy to snack on foods around the house for postpartum. Some like having frozen meals saved up, or frozen witch hazel pads, or any number of things. You don't NEED any of those and if you want them later, most of it is easy enough to obtain.

Remember the basics: eat, sleep, poop, travel. You got this.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts