Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm bi. I've been bi as long as I can remember... but...

I'm in a relationship with a man. He's great, he's kind... he's everything I want.. in a man. The only problem is... I really want a girlfriend... my guy is supportive...

but I'm afraid to try to find a girlfriend since I'm a mommy. I don't just want sex. I want someone who's going to be a part of my life... for a while.

Is this hopeless?

·
Registered
391 Posts
My DH and I are both bi, and we have both had a few BF/GF of the same sex since we have been together(7 years) I don't think it's hopeless, I think being a mama just makes you more choosy, and that's a good thing!

·
Registered
817 Posts
its not hopeless...

my partners are a married couple...they have been married for 14 years and have 3 bio kids...3 years ago, i joined the family...i brought 4 kids with me...the relationship is still going strong...both myself and my female partner are bi...

we werent looking for each other...we just found each other...Jen and i were on the same moms group, and i went to a party that she had at her house...we just clicked...

hugs for your journey...

peace...

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the great supportive replies everyone, I really appreciate it...

I guess the next step for me now is figuring out how I want to approach this situation. While I don't mind waiting... at the same time, I feel like a big part of me isn't being fulfilled... and my poor sugar of a BF is going to get hurt feelings if I tell him that.

Sometimes I think there's something 'wrong' with me... I used to joke that I was greedy, and that's why I can't be totally happy with just one person... but... now I'm wondering if I'm just spoiled, if I'm just a hopeless person, and I should just do what I can to MAKE myself be happy with just one person.

My BF isn't into the idea of me being... non-managomous... unless it's with a woman... kindof a double standard, since he's ok with having sex with her, too... but... I dunno. He's straight, so there's no way I could have a boy-toy on the side, but to have a everday GF is ok with him...
:

I'm giving myself a headache. LOL

·
Registered
613 Posts
hi aimee....just wanted to throw in my two sense....i also was bi and in a monogamous relationship with my dds dad....i also thought there was something wrong with me like i am greedy,hopeless,etc......now i realize everyone is different and there is no one way to love or have a relationship....the trick is finding what works for you and feels the best for you....its been a bumpy road for me but now i am happy in a wonderful relationship....i don't think anyone should have to make themself be happy with just one person....when you find the right person/people you will be happy because it feels right and good for you...hope this makes sense i'm at work and trying to be fast....hang in there and i definantly don't think your situation is hopeless

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.