Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I called my dd a grad at 21 months because she was consistently taking initiative for using the bathroom. She would either tell us she had to go or do it herself (including pulling down panties). She did not need any reminders from us. She had 14 days straight of being accident free.<br><br>
The last two days, however, she's 3 accidents. I was really surprised.<br><br>
Is this unusual after 2 weeks of totally getting the hang of it?

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
well, i'd have been surprised if this had happened to us, but in retrospect it doesnt sound very unusual.<br><br>
21 mo is a little late for "potty pause" but whenever we had accidents in the post potty-pause phase, I could always figure out some reason - too much excitement, being in a new place, or something specific that distracted her. I'd also tend to consider 21 mo a little young for what often happens to kids around 2.5 - 3 which is that they just dont want to interrupt their fun and games to go potty. But maybe there is a little of that too?<br><br>
Anyway i would think of it more as an interruption than a regresion.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You know, after waiting a few days, I would agree with you! Her misses happened last Friday, and she has since returned to her old self. Yesterday, she peed a little in her pants, held her vulva, then said "peed.: I took her immediately to the toilet, and she peed a lot more. To me that says that she felt it coming out then controlled her body to keep the rest in. That's pretty good!<br><br>
Also, we've noticed a connection (we think) from sleep disturbances and accidents. I'm assuming it has something to do with teething.<br><br>
Thanks for your input!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts