Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>I had an entirely UP, planned an UC but ended up transferring because of unrelenting back labor after 6 hrs and dialation to maybe 5cm.  I received an epidural, IV Fluids (including ringers), some pit and antibiotics, and 6 stitches.  I'm almost 8 weeks PP and still cant BD with DH or insert a finger w/out pain.  Would you see a physician or just give it more time?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>TIA!</p>

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
<p>After 8 weeks I'd see someone... I had 2 stitches with DS1 and was able to BD at 4 weeks with more anxiety than pain.</p>

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
<p>I think after 8 weeks of pain, I'd see someone. I had a UP/car birth in hospital parking lot/ and NO pp check up at all. But, I didn't have any pain or problems or stitches. I had no epi, but I did have the pit (after the birth), IV fluids, and antibiotics. I was DTD at 4 days PP (weird time emotionally) and everything is fine. I think you should go see someone. It doesn't have to be an OB - I have a nurse practitioner in my town that I see for everything.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Good luck mama - this must be so nerve wracking. I hope you can get it figured out soon, and I really hope its something that will resolve itself. But, still, I'd see someone, I think, since you can't insert a finger. That's the part that worries me, not so much the DTD stuff - a lot of women have problems with that after birth even with no stitches or tears or anything.</p>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts