Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For you who remember.<br><br>
My family has been on hard times for a while now.<br><br>
But things are much better. Tomorrow my DP will start his new job. A good job that pays well. And tomorrow I will call the landowner to tell her, he has the job now, she is letting us move in without money down because she trusts that DP is good to his words!<br><br>
Now we have him in a job and a house. I still am trying to find a job, just for right now to buy food and turn on electricity / water. We are in need of many things but I know they will come with time.<br><br>
I have had yeast overgrowth, but thanks to Jojo F. I have water kefirs and drink them daily, as well as take "Candidase" and noticing a better feeling overall.<br><br>
I keep having strange dreams of pregnancy. I have dreamt of a girl, a boy, of twin girl/boy babies, all sorts of things, that used to disturb me and now I take as signs for me to learn.<br><br><br>
Last night I dreamt that "twins" were born, very small but on time. The girl came first, and then a smaller boy. They both were very yellow.<br><br><br>
Is there anything I should know about the jaundice? If it is present at birth, is this possible? A symptom of something much bigger? Has anyone experience with this? Thank you.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Oh, I'm so glad things are looking up for you and your family! I will send good thoughts for you to get what you need with electricity and food, etc.<br><br>
There are 2 types of jaundice.. physiological, which is not dangerous for baby (from everything I've read, and both my kids had this time and pretty high amounts too) and pathological which can lead to brain damage and stuff. Do some online searches if you can. I think you'll clue into what your intuition is leading you to better if you do the searches yourself.<br><br>
Definitely find out what amounts of jaundice is considered okay, needing light therapy, and needing blood transfusion so that if you do end up at a hospital, you will know if they are giving you correct information etc.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
A baby born with jaundice would be a more concerning thing, than a baby developing jaundice in the first few days. Jaundice just basically means 'yellow'; most newborns who get yellow are simply breaking down unneeded red blood cells--and the byproduct of that breakdown--bilirubin-- is yellow, and some of it exits through the skin, giving the skin a yellow cast for a few days/wks.<br><br>
Backing up a bit--The amount of baby's blood that it takes to keep the baby, the cord and placenta 'full' at all times during pregnancy, is greater than what the baby needs in it's body after birth. The normal mechanisms at birth which stop the flow of blood btwn baby and placenta, are not precise--sometimes the baby gets more of that blood into it's bloodstream than s/he actually needs. Thus, s/he will break down the excess amt of blood cells in order to reach the 'just right' amt of blood cells in the body. This is Normal Newborn Jaundice. It is NOT a problem--it is just one way a healthy baby is regulating itself physiologically. Only rarely do baby's have 'too many' blood cells to break down, leading to a sort of backup of bilirubin (the yellow stuff) in the system and potentially leading to brain damage. Most often, this normal jaundice remains normal and requires no treatment whatsoever.<br><br>
This normal healthy jaundice happens AFTER the birth.<br><br>
However, a baby born yellow could have other problems: one would be that for some reason, baby's blood cells are breaking down during pregnancy--hemolytic anemia. This could happen with an Rh negative mom/Rh pos. baby where their blood mixed accidentally during pregnancy--mom created antibodies which crossed placenta and started attacking baby's blood cells, breaking them apart. (I would suggest reading other threads on Rhogam and on Rh negative, if you have an Rh negative blood type, for fuller explanation). I am vastly oversimplifying things here--there is much more to blood type incompatibilities btwn moms and babies--but hopefully this gives some useful clues.<br><br>
Something else that comes to mind is Hepatitis or any other disorder which affects liver function of mom/baby.<br><br>
In any event--dreams do most often speak in symbols...so perhaps that yellow color is about something else altogether!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts