Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He has made it clear for her to only watch the kids at our house.Yeah but i think only because he boyfriend is back in town when he is gone she will be bugging us again. She even asked him why they can't get married? And to keep the peace he doesn't tell me all the text messages and voice mails she sends talking crap.(Atleast 10 a day) I understand he is stressed out and he says he can handle it himself but just this morning sent a text message saying "I am on my way to get the kids are you coming home with them" What the heck. As far as a lawyer we have no money for that and he says he has no chance. I really don't know what to do. She is controlling him and he is leeting her. Sometimes I do wonder if it is habit or what. They were together for 13 years on and off and she always cheated on him and spent his money, didn't work and he always watched the kids while she had a 3 hour job at sonic at night. After he would go to school and work a full day he had to come home and watch the kids while she ran around with everyone else in town. And she is the one who finally kicked him out to be with his brother. So do you think maybe it's habit or maybe he wants her. I don't know. ANY suggestions are welcome.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Lauren,<br>
He does have a chance and a darn good chance. The BM has probably told him over and over he has no chance. I am not sure about the states but there is legal aid or at least calling for a lawyer's opinion. We saw two lawyers that didn't charge us anything just to sit with them for an hour consultation. She is selfish and manipulating him and he needs to know his rights. Things have to be in writing through the court or in the end he will be soooo sorry he didn't. We can't afford a lawyer either but it is priority #1 so we are paying our lawyer monthly and scraping by for everything else.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Do you even need a lawyer? I live in Ontario, and have been to court many times with my ex over custody, support, arrears, enforcement, support reductions, contempt of an order, and change in custody...ALL without a lawyer. All the regulations and forms that you need are online, and the court clerk can help if you have questions. Plus, the day of court you may speak to duty council prior to being heard and they will even speak to the judge on your behalf or try to negotiate a settlement with the other party...all at no cost. Even if you don't have all that available where you are, you should be allowed to represent yourselves...if your requests are reasonable, can't you?<br><br>
Perhaps even just putting his foot down and telling her to work out a suitable arrangement or he'll be forced to take legal action would be enough to get her to stop playing games and be reasonable. Good luck!! I hope your bf stands up to his controlling ex.

·
Premium Member
4,639 Posts
My state has mediation available to parents with custody issues. It is free, no lawyer needed. It is through the county. If he truly wants them, he has options.<br><br>
Honestly, if I were you, I would just get out. This guy was obviously not ready to start a new relationship. He is still in his old one. You are worth more than that. Tell him to give you a call when he is really available. And don't wait for him.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts