Mothering Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>I know I haven't been around much lately...life has just been totally crazy and haven't had much online time.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Long story short, pre-eclampsia has finally reared its ugly head.  :(  I ended up in hospital last week for 3 days because my BP went through the roof even with the meds.  Both 24-hour urine collections showed elevated protein levels, but the 2nd one was lower so they let me go home on bedrest w/ another 24-hr collection to be done Friday.  They called me today and said the results went way up on that one too and I've gained 7 pounds since Friday (fluid, I'm guessing), started getting headaches, etc...soooo....they decided enough was enough, its time for these boys to come out.  They are doing fine, thankfully...around 6lbs each and super active.  They've passed all their NST's with flying colors...baby B is so active they almost always have to stand over me and chase him around with the monitor.  LOL   Right now baby A is vertex, baby B is footling breech (he turned last week, the little stinker), so they're still going to try induction and once A is born, they're hopeful they'll be able to turn B without too much trouble.  We go in tomorrow night to start Cervadil, and then pitocin on Wednesday.  I'm really nervous, but am hopeful everything will turn out OK and we won't have too much trouble.  Any good thoughts and vibes you can spare would be hugely appreciated!  I can't wait to start reading about everyone else's birth stories...it seems the time has really flown by, hasn't it?  :)</p>

·
Registered
109 Posts
<p>_</p>

·
Registered
668 Posts
<p>good luck with the birth!  hope everything goes smoothly!</p>

·
Registered
300 Posts
<p>Wishing you a smooth, safe induction and delivery. Two newborns to snuggle, how lovely!</p>

·
Registered
946 Posts
<p>Good luck--I know you can't wait to meet your boys!</p>

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
<p>Good luck with lots of easy labor vibes being sent your way!</p>

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
<p>I hope it goes just the way you want! </p>

·
Premium Member
2,748 Posts
Positive thoughts for a great birth!

·
Registered
231 Posts
<p>Best of luck with the delivery - I look forward to seeing baby pics :)</p>

·
Registered
254 Posts
<p>Good luck to you Aurinia!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Hope you have a wonderful birthing day and get to snuggle those little boys of yours very soon!!</p>
<p> </p>

·
Registered
225 Posts
<p>Thoughts and blessings for you today.  Hope you have a strong birth and excellent recovery. Feel better soon.  TWINS!!!  You are amazing!</p>

1 - 12 of 12 Posts