Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So in addition to working with the Breastfeeding Coalition of Washington I took it upon myself to write the manager of that office a letter stating eveything in detail that happened to me. If anyone needs a refresher on what happened see this thread http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=152428

So this is the response that I got from her note names are edited for privacy

Dear Ms. B-----,

I did receive your e-mail regarding the situation that occurred on Wednesday, June 2nd, 2004 during your appointment to discuss your job search log for Washington State Unemployment. I appreciate your honest feedback and the detailed account of the situation, and I want to thank-you for your information regarding the Breastfeeding Coalition of Washington. At this point, I would like to visit that website and gather some more information. I will get back to you with a more formal response by Friday the 11th. Again, thank-you for your feedback.

N---- L----, Manager
WorkSource R------

Quote:
At this point, I would like to visit that website and gather some more information.
What that says to me is that she too is unsure of what the law in my state really says. And that is annoying to me. Also it is almost the end of the working day on Friday and I have not heard from her regarding the issue.

I don't know her email just bugged me even more but maybe I am just being over sensitive.

·
Registered
6,882 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by soccerchic21
it is almost the end of the working day on Friday and I have not heard from her regarding the issue.
Did you ever hear from her? You have the letter to prove she is not taking your request seriously and following through. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by MamaAllNatural
Did you ever hear from her? You have the letter to prove she is not taking your request seriously and following through. Keep us posted.
Nope I didn't hear a thing today. I think she is expecting me to forget about it. What do you think? Should I send her another email on Monday asking what is going on? Because she said she would get back to my by today and she never did.

·
Registered
6,882 Posts
Yes, I think you should. I wouldn't let it slide for a minute. What is the Breastfeeding Coalition suggesting you do? Are they doing anything? Is there some sort of official complaint being filed against them? If you do send her an email I would quote her (on getting back to you by friday) and state that she did not contact when she said she would. I remember you first posting about how they treated you. They can't get away with it.

T Geez, you've really got a lot going on right now, don't you? The wedding, the boss and pumping at work, and this? It's like you're the chosen bfing role model of the year or something!:LOL

·
Premium Member
19,789 Posts
soccerchic21---

Did you go to a LLL meeting on the Eastside after this happened? If so, I may have heard about you

There are a LOT of people out here happy to help in any way--- just ask if you can think of anything,

Good luck,
Kay

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by TiredX2
soccerchic21---

Did you go to a LLL meeting on the Eastside after this happened? If so, I may have heard about you

There are a LOT of people out here happy to help in any way--- just ask if you can think of anything,

Good luck,
Kay
Yes that was me. If you know anyone who wants to write a letter to the manager of that office that would be awesome. I am actually thinking of tracking down her boss and writing some letters higher up.

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by MamaAllNatural
Yes, I think you should. I wouldn't let it slide for a minute. What is the Breastfeeding Coalition suggesting you do? Are they doing anything? Is there some sort of official complaint being filed against them? If you do send her an email I would quote her (on getting back to you by friday) and state that she did not contact when she said she would. I remember you first posting about how they treated you. They can't get away with it.

T Geez, you've really got a lot going on right now, don't you? The wedding, the boss and pumping at work, and this? It's like you're the chosen bfing role model of the year or something!:LOL

From what I understand the breastfeeding coalition is going to write a letter stating what happened and informing them of the law. They are also going to cc that letter to the DOH and other important people. I haven't heard back from them as well as they are very very busy and only working part -time
but I am very appreciative and grateful to any time they put towards my case.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.